PDA

View Full Version : Post Brexit UKCPL

Gee5
8th Feb 2020, 20:25
Hi,
Has anyone heard any rumors about what might happen when/if the UK CAA start issuing UK CPLs instead of EASA licences? Is going to the US to get an FAA CPL like loads have done in years gone by going to be an attractive route as it used to be before EASA got their sticky mitts on the rule book??
Thanks

Groundloop
9th Feb 2020, 15:13
How can anyone possibly answer that question at the moment?

JakubEGSC
9th Feb 2020, 16:36
this will not answer your questions, but just a chip in the conversation.

I was equally confused and while we still don't know how thing are going to plan out I have decided to move my PPL to another EASA country (to remain in EASA) and consequently have my CPL ME IR issued there. Also Polish CAA proved to be very light on admin fees for anything really. Was this a good move? no idea, time will show...

Genghis the Engineer
9th Feb 2020, 16:44
If you have an EASA CPL (or PPL, or ATPL) it's £45ish and some paperwork to get a separate UK licence with the same privileges issued. That just seemed a complete no-brainer to me, and I did so over a year ago.

Will I move my EASA licence to another country in due course? No idea, but it doesn't seem unlikely. Austro is spoken of warmly by those who know.

Whilst personally I also own an FAA CPL, I think its utility in Europe, including the UK, will remain somewhat limited.

G