PDA

View Full Version : Looking for FAA CFII in Belgium

philippevd
8th Feb 2020, 16:01
Hello, I'm looking for a FAA CFII to get the practical training for my IFR rating. If you or anyone you know would be interested / capable, please let me know!

Thanks

JP

VFR-Seek and Destroy
9th Feb 2020, 20:49
Hi JP,

You have not stated your nationality nor the aircraft category that the rating is for which would be helpful.

Although there is a number of CFIIs in Europe and they can do training towards the FAA Instrument Rating in Europe, the TSA requirements regarding the training of non US citizens for certain training events still apply even outside the US.
Independent CFIs can register with the TSA and be approved to accept foreign students, however the student will need fingerprints to be taken by an approved person ( list on the TSA flightschoolcandidates website ) and there is limited choice in Europe. This may present a barrier to your training plans.

VFR

Tigger_Too
28th Feb 2020, 15:15
Give Grimbergen a call. There used to be a CFII (and retired BAF Brigadier General) who flew from there.

custardpsc
27th Mar 2020, 12:50
how do you intend to take the checkride? you might want to look at that and work back from that ...

MrAverage
27th Mar 2020, 16:59
I thought all Belgian airfields were Notamed closed?

farfale
14th Apr 2020, 10:02
Hello,

I am an FAA CFII living in France.

You can write me for more info.

Regards
Cyrus