PDA

View Full Version : A320 missing procedures

tcasblue
8th Feb 2020, 02:33
Have been doing some Airbus training lately and looking at some old memos from not that long ago that discussed FCOM/FCTM/QRH changes. It seems like some of the procedures they discuss are no longer around including....

No Flaps No Slats Landing.

Two Engine Inop Landing.

Sidestick/Rudder Pedals Rigid

Engine Fuel System Contamination

Perhaps they are around somewhere and I just can't find them. Anybody have any details about them. Perhaps renamed or if gone, what they were about.

Romasik
8th Feb 2020, 09:21
They are still there (in FCOM & QRH). There have been a lot of changes/rearrangements recently, so it’s confusing sometimes especially for those who got used to the old style.
Well, at least it’s about 330. I guess it’s true about any Airbus.

goeasy
8th Feb 2020, 10:39
Check FCTM. I belive they moved more procedures there and simplified QRH accordingly.

pineteam
9th Feb 2020, 01:30
Brace yourself cause Airbus is going to do massive changes again this year. xD

tcasblue
9th Feb 2020, 02:46
Check FCTM. I belive they moved more procedures there and simplified QRH accordingly.

According to the memo....

SUMMARY OF THE MODIFICATION
The ABN-27-Sidestick / Rudder Pedals Rigid procedure is removed from the FCOM and QRH, as it does not require any specific actions, and only provide some basic airmanship information.

It is not in the FCTM. Does anybody have the removed info that they can post.

Check Airman
9th Feb 2020, 04:31
Brace yourself cause Airbus is going to do massive changes again this year. xD

Why so?

pineteam
9th Feb 2020, 04:57
It’s what I heard from some instructors. We can expect some important changes in Airbus SOP including briefing. I don’t have more details. Maybe Vilas would know?

iggy
9th Feb 2020, 05:21
Latest FOT from Airbus, December 10th 2019:

- Airbus is preparing changes in the operational documentation associated with new normal checklists, new guidance for flight crew briefings, and convergence of SOP to further harmonize procedures across aircraft types.
- The airm of this FOT is to provide preliminary information and a planning so that Operators can anticipate the implementation in their crew training before implementation in Airbus documentation at the end of 2020.
- New changes at the end of 2020:
New version of Normal Checklists and associated SOP and FCTM
Changes in SOP and FCTM to highlight the new guidance to cunduct flight crew briefings
Changes in SOP to further harmonize procedures across all aircraft types (from A319 to A380).

The rest is a brief description of the reasons behind this changes, plus a link for the webinars. I still haven't clicked on the links (it is Sunday, please!!), but I guess the information describing the actual changes should be found there.

You guys haven't received anyt of this from your Flight Ops Departments?

pineteam
9th Feb 2020, 05:41
Thanks for that Iggy.
We did not receive anything yet. I’m just a small potato. I’m pretty sure the training department must have tho.

compressor stall
9th Feb 2020, 08:19
The changes are largely to do with checklists. Airbus are trying to make pilots think, not read and do. Checklists will be reduced to just what will kill or injure. eg. after landing checklist is just radar OFF (except A380). Nada mas.

The rest of it you will have to remember and THINK.

That said, there's nothing stopping a company from keeping what's currently there, if they don't think their crews are up to it. :}

Briefings are also going to be kept BRIEF. Almost everything will be done prior to the brief except what we're going to do today that's different, and out EO SID. And some SOP changes to keep fleet commonality.

There are some good videos of the rationale and plans AirbusWorld if you have access