PDA

View Full Version : MONEY!!!

Lauraskybaby
7th Mar 2001, 14:56
I am due to start the ATPL course at OATS in July of this year as part of my degree course (Air Transport Operations). I know about all the standard sponsorship schemes (BA, BM, Air Atlantic etc) but cannot rely on these as a source of finance.

Does anyone know of any airlines willing to consider my position or know of anyone who can loan/sponsor me the money (or part of it)?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Laura

Speedbird 2946
7th Mar 2001, 15:20
Hi Laura,

Quite a few PPRuNers have managed to get loans for flying training from the HSBC Bank. I think they are called 'Professional Development Loans' or something thereabouts. If you do a search on using the PPRuNe search function for 'HSBC' I think you'll find ALL the info you could ever need!

Good Luck and see you in Oxford,

Speedbird 2946

SpeedBird22
7th Mar 2001, 17:43
Hang on a minute...there is a degree which involves getting an ATPL?? *throws his half completed law degree in the bin*

Where do I sign? :-)

Pandora
7th Mar 2001, 18:03
If you don't like HBSC, try the Barclays in Kidlington, they are quite good with loans. However it ONLY works at the Kidlington branch, not at any others, because of it's proximity to OATS.

AffirmBrest
7th Mar 2001, 20:59
BAW22 - Or look at it this way, as well as doing your ATPL you have to do a degree.

I know which I'd prefer... :)

------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...