PDA

View Full Version : IAA to CAA License

Saulman
5th Feb 2020, 14:49
I’ve accepted a job TUI, leaving FR behind. I’m wondering how long my license transfer will take? Is this a process that will take months now due to Brexit or is there any way to speed it up.

VJW
5th Feb 2020, 15:07
I’ve accepted a job TUI, leaving FR behind. I’m wondering how long my license transfer will take? Is this a process that will take months now due to Brexit or is there any way to speed it up.

No way to speed it up. Just get it in ASAP and keep your fingers crossed

Raph737
6th Feb 2020, 06:40
Mate, same boat and was told that it would take 10 working days so don’t stress, as suggested, get the SOLI process started as soon as possible as they are overstretched already.

The Foss
6th Feb 2020, 06:48
It took them almost 4 months with mine last year, the CAA is totally useless. Don’t worry about it though, TUI have hired plenty from FR in the past and will be well aware of the transfer process.

plikee
6th Feb 2020, 18:21
Ryanair will be as unhelpful as possible as well. I sent a query to the base TRE asking if they could verify my licence/passport scans and DR replied saying only RC could do it (not true) if I went to the head office in my last week of employment, when they know the process takes several months... went to aviation house in Gatwick instead and got them to copy it directly

Horse crap. Your base captain could have done it. Plus there are other places/people that you can do it, it doesn't have to be your employer. They didn't help so they could still emphasise resignations dried up to zero. Still makes me laugh every time I read that written in memos

plikee
6th Feb 2020, 19:53
@MC, I'll rephrase it: EVEN your base captain could have done it. The OP didn't mention the base TRE denied doing it, only that passed the problem to HQ (probably s/he feared of getting sacked if HQ found out s/he was facilitating a resignation). Also a BC is still above base TRE in the food chain so it wouldn't really be circumventing him/her. What they are not allowed anymore is to certify logbooks - they've put a stop on that and can get in trouble indeed and only HQ can do it now. A lawyer/solicitor could do it as well, handy if you have those people in your friend circle. Worst case, pay at the Post Office or as the OP did.

The Foss
6th Feb 2020, 21:48
@MC, I'll rephrase it: EVEN your base captain could have done it. The OP didn't mention the base TRE denied doing it, only that passed the problem to HQ (probably s/he feared of getting sacked if HQ found out s/he was facilitating a resignation). Also a BC is still above base TRE in the food chain so it wouldn't really be circumventing him/her. What they are not allowed anymore is to certify logbooks - they've put a stop on that and can get in trouble indeed and only HQ can do it now. A lawyer/solicitor could do it as well, handy if you have those people in your friend circle. Worst case, pay at the Post Office or as the OP did.

I don’t think the query even reached the base TRE as it comes through to HR first who should assign it to the correct person.. so in a way they ‘intercepted’ the request in order to be as awkward as possible..

yeah you would think any of the above would be fine, but the CAA state quite a restrictive list. Whether they actually stick to that or not I don’t know