PDA

View Full Version : SLS 2020 coming

rtrd
5th Feb 2020, 02:05
Fairly obvious after the CEO's update. How many will or indeed can afford to "volunteer" is the question?

Junior crew on COS18 or crew on local terms and conditions most likely cannot afford a month without pay so their participation is doubtful.

Based pilot's with the comfort and protection of proper labor laws and ongoing contractual issues with the company will not be in rush to help out.

HKG based pilots in general with high rents or large mortgages tied to properties that are worth less every day will not be overly enthusiastic.

Captains will also be highly dubious about falling for the same B/S after the previous discrimination shown towards them with regards to the company's failure to repay full lost salary and not being awarded full discretionary bonuses as per other employee groups. Although, 500+ COS99 Captains might be more supportive should their retirement age be lifted to 65.

Management has not missed an opportunity to destroy morale, cut conditions and divide the pilot group over the last 20+ years so they might be sorely disappointed when their request for help from the Pilot group falls on deaf ears.

"Good luck" to management trying to sell SLS 2020 with the above backdrop.

controlledrest
5th Feb 2020, 21:34
Unpaid Leave? Get f**ked!

Last SLS $ was paid back except to the Captains (who still lost a week). The company wasn't going to pay anyone, but they gave 13th month to the HKG office workers and the non-HKG employees complained (rightly so) that they had given 3 weeks unpaid leave and this $ was now being passed onto the HKG employees.

Last year, yet again, 13th Month was in effect paid to all other employees, the pilots were shafted again

No one has even apologised for the billions gambled away on fuel hedges

There is no mention of what the senior managers are going to contribute

I might consider agreeing to SLS if:1. There is a promise to pay me back when cash flow improves
2. The profit share system is changed so we actually get profit share when the company makes money
3. 13th month is either paid to everyone or no one. Stop shafting the pilots

Zapp_Brannigan
6th Feb 2020, 00:41
Remember the promise of 25 years housing if we "helped out"?

Busbert
6th Feb 2020, 18:26
In the interest of balance it was all Grade D and above that lost a week’s pay from SARS SLS; that group includes captains.

viking avenger
6th Feb 2020, 20:48
In the interest of balance it was all Grade D and above that lost a week’s pay from SARS SLS; that group includes captains.
I the interest of accuracy. Everyone got paid back from SARS. SLS. it was After the GFC SLS that ‘ level D Staff were not fully paid back.

Bangaluru
6th Feb 2020, 21:37

That group is almost entirely captains.

Slasher1
6th Feb 2020, 22:21
I the interest of accuracy. Everyone got paid back from SARS. SLS. it was After the GFC SLS that ‘ level D Staff were not fully paid back.

FWIW in the interest of accuracy, and although still a part of the Swire conglomerate, this is a completely different company than it was 8 years ago even. The COS deterioration and manipulation has been an absolute travesty and wholly unacceptable under any standard of decency.

Although I hate to say it, in my opinion it has nothing whatsoever to do with the money. It has to do with enabling bad behavior and supporting an entity which (IMHO) has abused its people by playing factions off against each other and then when faced with some success in so doing went wholly outside the box to hire refugees in an attempt to undermine everyone with a horrible contract. Banking on those 'trapped' by seniority to dutifully continue their trudge. Destroying the wonderful group dynamics of what could be an awesome 'team' through deliberate manipulation. Now it faces a real problem and somehow has the incredible audacity to ask these same people to help out. The company made a conscious effort to undermine a COS by hiring people willing to work cheap and who knowingly put their nose into the hornets nest. And now it hopes to mitigate the situation on the cheap (rather than going through layoff and recall IAW its own contract).

There are many examples of how things have been a 'one way street' over recent years. Doing business like this has its pitfalls. So it can be either 'no f'n way' or a simple 'no' depending on level of politeness one might want.

stevieboy330
6th Feb 2020, 23:43
Any talk of Senior Executives, Directors etc taking pay cuts, reduction in bonuses, less renumeration, SLS, less chafferer driven Audi's, lunch at Pacific place? I know taking a cut on a $400K pm salary and $200K pm in housing is only ten times a JFO wage but there has to be some wriggle room there for some. ? Surly CX Pilots taking SLS is not going to provide enough cash to hire all the new Pilots from HKA.