PDA

View Full Version : Baby boy was born on QR830

Beamr
4th Feb 2020, 13:39
Happier news for a change, a baby boy was born mid flight Qatari QR830 (eventually diverted to Kolkata).
Son and mother apparently very well! :ok:
Just makes me wonder; where did she actually give birth as though the 777 is rather nice and spacious, it really isn't a delivery room :confused:

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2449519671929126&id=100006133505418

old,not bold
4th Feb 2020, 14:13
You don't need much room; Gulf Aviation (later Gulf Air) had a successful birth in the galley of a BAC 1-11. The sector was Dubai - Abu Dhabi, so the process was actually completed on the ground, with passengers filing past, some averting their eyes, others not.

Next morning's Gulf News carried the Press Release hastily sent to them, but they changed the headline to "GULF AVIATION - AN EARLY ARRIVAL AT LAST".

givemewings
4th Feb 2020, 14:39
Where?

Anywhere you can find room. Preferably the galley or other area where you can prevent the gawkers, but if not possible anywhere the mother is comfortable will do.

The one I dealt with was in Y class with her legs up on the seats, it was "fun" trying to preserve her privacy and fending off the camera phone junkies... ffs...

Many a baby been born in the lavs over the years on flights from the ME... Many unfortunately the result of domestic workers being assaulted by their employers. There's several I recall being found by cleaning crews hidden in the toilets at the end of flights, very sad

fantom
4th Feb 2020, 14:58
Why was she allowed to fly at that stage of pregnancy ?

Nialler
4th Feb 2020, 15:00
Where?

Anywhere you can find room. Preferably the galley or other area where you can prevent the gawkers, but if not possible anywhere the mother is comfortable will do.

The one I dealt with was in Y class with her legs up on the seats, it was "fun" trying to preserve her privacy and fending off the camera phone junkies... ffs...

Many a baby been born in the lavs over the years on flights from the ME... Many unfortunately the result of domestic workers being assaulted by their employers. There's several I recall being found by cleaning crews hidden in the toilets at the end of flights, very sad
Thank you for your service. Thank you.

Beamr
4th Feb 2020, 15:00
Why was she allowed to fly at that stage of pregnancy ?
well, out of experience, babies often disagree with doctors regarding estimated date of birth.
She may well have been granted permission to fly by doctors.

WHBM
4th Feb 2020, 16:38
Permission to fly and all that is a very 1st world concept.

Thank you for your service. Thank you.Quite so :)

wideman
4th Feb 2020, 17:34
She may have given birth in a first class or business seat!

Go to the link provided earlier -- https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2449519671929126&id=100006133505418
and then click on the photo in the lower right. [Caution: this photo provides more info than some would want to have.]

Consol
4th Feb 2020, 20:24
Well don't post it then!