PDA

View Full Version : Taxi!!

NutLoose
31st Jan 2020, 17:24
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18200514.uk-ministers-accused-using-raf-flights-private-taxi-service/

UK ministers accused of using RAF flights as 'private taxi service'

ETOPS
31st Jan 2020, 19:01
Somebody should point this idiot SNP MP to the 32 Sqdn website - especially the bit about their main rôle :ugh:

MPN11
31st Jan 2020, 19:37
SNP ... enough said.

Multiply the number of staffers by the cost of the train tickets, Jimmy.

As an Englishman, I would vote for Scottish Independence. Then they can stew in their own vitriolic juices.

Warmtoast
31st Jan 2020, 22:56
The article referred to in post #1 refers to
they decided to use an RAF plane to and from RAF Northholt near Oxford, believed to have cost at least £3,000

So not the Northolt in West London!

Asturias56
1st Feb 2020, 08:09
On the other hand if they had to go through LHR liek the rest of us we'd sere some improvements pretty damn quick

I can remember Lee Kwan Yew, when he was running Singapore, always used SQ commercial......................

Chris Kebab
1st Feb 2020, 08:39
SNP ... enough said.

As an Englishman, I would vote for Scottish Independence. Then they can stew in their own vitriolic juices.
Unpleasant comment probably says more about you than millions of decent Scots, why can you not take this sort of bile into Jet Blast? And yes, I'm English.

Vendee
1st Feb 2020, 10:33
Unpleasant comment probably says more about you than millions of decent Scots, why can you not take this sort of bile into Jet Blast? And yes, I'm English.

Well said. I'm Scottish but have lived in England for 40+ years. I consider myself British first, Scottish second.

I do think that unless this government addresses the vast disparity in wealth and expenditure between north and south, its not just the Jocks that will be calling for independence. The northern English regions might want a bit of that. Apologies for drifting further off topic.

MPN11
1st Feb 2020, 10:43
OK, apologies gents. PUTI ... my bad.

Tankertrashnav
1st Feb 2020, 11:20
the vast disparity in wealth and expenditure between north and south,

Looking at your location I am surprised that you have repeated this much overused and inaccurate phrase. Every time I hear "North-South divide" I want to hear a definition of where, exactly, is being referred to. Vast areas of the South of England are as economically deprived as anywhere in the North - the coastal towns of Kent, for example, and Cornwall, which is one of the most deprived areas in Europe. As far as I remember East Anglia is not much better, with high house prices (elevated by incoming retirees) coupled with low wages. Truro in Cornwall has been calculated as the third most expensive place in the country (after London and Oxford) to buy a house, when average house prices are considered alongside average local wages.

"North - South divide?" Please have some consideration for my blood pressure!

Martin the Martian
1st Feb 2020, 11:54
Well said, TTN.:D

Fareastdriver
1st Feb 2020, 12:34
The first thing that Ayatollah Sturgeon did when she became First Minister was to hire a helicopter and fly to multiple cities in Scotland to present herself to the public.

NutLoose
1st Feb 2020, 13:44
Expenditure is calculated on per head and sadly nearly 10% of the populace lives in or around London, hence the massive spend from the budget on a relatively small portion of the Country. Something that the latest occupier of Downing Street is promising to address.

incidently Krankie is seriously looking at running another unofficial none enforceable Indy ref that the Scottish taxpayer will be footing the bill for, now there is a waste.

PlasticCabDriver
1st Feb 2020, 15:09
incidently Krankie is seriously looking at running another unofficial none enforceable Indy ref that the Scottish taxpayer will be footing the bill for, now there is a waste.

that would probably be boycotted by the unionist parties and therefore pointless.

falcon900
1st Feb 2020, 15:40
Wee Jimmy Krankie is desperate to create as much diversionary noise as possible to distract attention from the Salmond trial...... In which she may well find herself giving evidence in relation to her private meetings with him, and her knowledge of past complaints. She knows indyref 2 wont fly, but it will make a lot of noise trying.....

MPN11
1st Feb 2020, 19:02
I’m interested to see pejorative posts receiving no comment or criticism.

And thanks, TTN, for your input.9

greybeard
1st Feb 2020, 23:12
LKW in Singapore may have used SIA, BUT full use of crew rest on long trips, changed the crew if they objected until one compliant was found

gijoe
2nd Feb 2020, 06:49

Bolleaux - the wish to see Scotland cast free is a very common sentiment in the south. There is a very large contingent that simply want the woman to shut up and shove off...and observe the nation plough in. The arrogance about not understanding a good deal is amazing.

Lord Farringdon
2nd Feb 2020, 10:45
These people are highly paid and if i was Boris I would be expecting some return on the taxpayers investment. Having them sit (or more likely stand if I understand parlous state of UK rail today) on a train both ways , while satisfying the wishes of the proletariat, would hardly be conducive to them concluding important Brexit discussions and then getting on with other (no doubt Brexit related) tasks on their return. That's what you pay them for. Attending a whiskey reception is clearly political obfuscation designed to cast a dim view of actions taken without revealing the real reasons for those actions. The article is dated 31 Jan (I'm assuming that's 2020), so this is related to something quite urgent in relation Brexit and the PM's requirement to 'Get Brexit done'.

The RAF (if it is like our service), have a certain amount of allocated flying hours for exactly these purposes and the choice is always that they be used in this manner or the squadron simply bores holes in the sky. We all know there is far more training value in these already budgeted funds being used on 'real' tasking. I'm calling fake news on this one and if the opposition was in power, apart from the fact they would be Remaining rather than Brexiting, they would do exactly the same thing. In my country I have seem far clearer examples of politicians using our Air Force for a taxi service from their home electorate to attend parliament because..well because they can.

condor17
3rd Feb 2020, 11:27
Vendee , if that 40+ was in Norfolk ? You coul Almost call yourself ' Naarfick ' 1st , Brit 2nd , and Scots 3rd .... hat , coat , door .

rgds condor ,
a 'Naarfick 'Bor .

alwayslookingup
3rd Feb 2020, 12:25
Expenditure is calculated on per head and sadly nearly 10% of the populace lives in or around London, hence the massive spend from the budget on a relatively small portion of the Country. Something that the latest occupier of Downing Street is promising to address.

No, she's not.

alwayslookingup
3rd Feb 2020, 12:31
Oh great, another chance to bash the democratically elected government of a sovereign member of the United Kingdom. If considering replying, please let men know how long the UK has benefited from North Sea Oil and Gas revenue, how long Norway has similarly benefited, and the relative values of the UK's and Norway's Sovereign Oil Funds? Show all working, and feel free to use "spaffed up the wall" in your answer.

alwayslookingup
3rd Feb 2020, 12:33
The first thing that Ayatollah Sturgeon did when she became First Minister was to hire a helicopter and fly to multiple cities in Scotland to present herself to the public.
Really? When was that?

alwayslookingup
3rd Feb 2020, 12:35
that would probably be boycotted by the unionist parties and therefore pointless.
Ah yes, the first salvoes from ProjectFear2.

alwayslookingup
3rd Feb 2020, 12:38
Bolleaux - the wish to see Scotland cast free is a very common sentiment in the south. There is a very large contingent that simply want the woman to shut up and shove off...and observe the nation plough in. The arrogance about not understanding a good deal is amazing.

Oh, go on, I'll bite, tell us how good a deal us ungrateful Scots have got?!!

T28B
3rd Feb 2020, 14:33
This has moved from a news report about improper use of a military aircraft (On topic for Mil Av) to a UK politics hamsterwheel discussion. (Not on topic, take it to Jet Blast)