PDA

View Full Version : Medical Issue

NWS Inop
29th Jan 2020, 23:21
Morning all. I have been grounded since April 2019 due to a cancer diagnosis. I was put up for a clinical trial and during the testing process for said trial, it was found that I had a heart condition that had previously gone unnoticed. I have been having Class 1 examinations for 15 odd years... Turns out the left ventricle in my heart is not working to its full potential. This part of the heart is responsible for pumping blood out to the body. Note that this condition does not fall into the category of heart disease... I'm well aware that pilots have come back from a cancer diagnosis, but I'm wondering if there is a precedence for this type of heart condition? I have started the ball rolling with CASA to get my medical back, but if someone knows of a case similar to mine, I'd like to hear about it. Feel free to PM. Thanks in advance...

Radgirl
30th Jan 2020, 22:20
I am afraid you will need to provide a definitive diagnosis. Not working to its full potential could be anything.

NWS Inop
4th Feb 2020, 02:18
I know I have mild left ventricle reduction, cardiomyopathy may be present also. I'll check with my Cardiologist next time I see him