PDA

View Full Version : IFPS help

Eurocontroler
11th Aug 2002, 16:37
A couple of questions for a little personal survey:

1. When you guys call Ifpu1 or Ifpu2, is the help you get satisfactory?

2. Reference to route changes, do you want to be called by Ifps or you don't mind, since you are going to get the ACK anyway?

Thanks
ACH MAN REJ

Fly_146
11th Aug 2002, 17:42
If we get a phone call from you guys, and then get an ACK back, we will carefully check the route you have given against the plogs and ammend as necessary (for fuel adjustment). Crew will always get an originally copy of your ACK anyway.

If we get a MAN followed almost straight away by an ACK, we won't give it a second look as we assume its something very minor.

Perhaps after its gone manual you could annotate on the ACK briefly what you have changed and save the phone call.

BONDMAN
11th Aug 2002, 21:33
IFPS1/2 always very helpful, don't have any complaimts so far.

Agree with Fly_146, would it save time by putting a comment on the header line advising route changed by IFPS (similair to when you get a REJ and it lists the error), hopefully this could save some of the IFPS guy's time when they have to hang on the phone trying to get thru.

Cheers Bondy

OO-AOG
11th Aug 2002, 23:59
RMK/ALL IFPS CHANGES OK

Then we check the ACK, and if ever we don't agree with the route or level change we call IFPS to see if we can find another solution.

canberra
12th Aug 2002, 17:42
i once had ifps reject a plan. i looked at the plan and couldnt see any reason why it should have been rejected so i rang them. when i eventually got through the bloke said" it was rejected because... oh it shouldnt have been rejected!"

Uncle Cracker
12th Aug 2002, 20:51
1. Have found CFMU helpdesk, IFPS1 and 2 very helpful. Top chaps usually. Personally much prefer it to the good old days - "Hello, Regulator!" (Showing my age now...)
2. Phone calls on route changes always appreciated.

Sweeny Todd!
13th Aug 2002, 17:30
Have to say that from our point of view that we would always prefer a call if there is to be a route change due to the fact that the AFTN Ack's are not usually checked - instead we use RCA to make sure they have gone in.

The problem arises if we send the plan off to the F/D with an unchanged route and it HAS been changed by yourselves.

This isn't to say that we dont appreciate your help just that we'd like a phone call.

tightturnaround
15th Aug 2002, 11:07
Basically the system we use creates a Plog from which we then file the route it's come up with.

Generally, if we put rmk/ifps rerouting accepted, and it comes back 'ack', it would be nice for maybe a comment just listing/higlighting the changes that have been made by you guys, as it can be just too easy to 'oh there's the ack, give the crew the plog'... which obviously can cause big problems.

As for 1+2 helpdesk.. no probs... support great and generally very helpful guys. Keep up the good work!

Eurocontroler
16th Aug 2002, 20:11
Ok guys,

You want it, you got it(sort of).
I've done the Change Request, so that ACK messages will include, before the full FPL, the mention "Check field 15, route has been medified by IFPS". Hopefully, if approved by the powers above, this will be implemented in the next 6 months.

Regards