PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Helicopter Training Schools

Paddy Dunne
29th Jan 2020, 08:17
Hi Everyone,

Currently nearing completion of my PPL (H) In the UK. Looking at moving back to Ireland next month after 11 years career in the UK and to start my ATPL (H).

I had a look online and can't seem to find any helicopter training schools in Ireland. Does anyone know of any? Or does anyone have any contacts for R22 or R44 self hire in Ireland?

Many thanks,

Paddy

PilotEpisode
29th Jan 2020, 11:09
Hi Paddy,

There is HeliPower in NI or there is a company in Eire at Newcastle Airport and Weston Airfield which i can't remember the name of... Sorry but hope that helps?

Cheers

PE

Paddy Dunne
29th Jan 2020, 19:01
Thanks very much :) All helps. much appreciated

Hedski
29th Jan 2020, 21:46
There’s a good school with R44 at Weston also but it may be linked to the Newcastle one

Duchess_Driver
29th Jan 2020, 23:29
Google throws up a few....

only one I have knowledge of is Skywest.ie and they have a few offices around the Emerald Isle

PilotEpisode
30th Jan 2020, 12:57
Yes, Paddy Kelly at SkyWest was the other school i was thinking of but couldn't remember the name of!

Paddy Dunne
31st Jan 2020, 12:18
Thanks very much all :) Have been in contact with SkyWest in Weston.

Wondered if there were any down the West coast still? Years ago I flew with Executive Helicopters but I see they are only doing charters now.

MPDB
6th Nov 2021, 21:55
I'm not 100% certain but I think Skywest are no longer in operation (I heard they sold up but not certain its true). Helipower I can vouch for and they are excellent to deal with. Your right about Executive, they no longer provide training and are a charter operation now. Very limited for options in the republic really