PDA

View Full Version : KF135 tanker squawking 7500?

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Jan 2020, 11:21
Departing Scottish airspace heading West - finger trouble or training?

Tweet: https://twitter.com/civmilair/status/1222120695938932737?s=21

Lonewolf_50
28th Jan 2020, 13:10
Well, has it been flown into a great public building yet?

Asturias56
28th Jan 2020, 15:24
are there any in Scotland?

Union Jack
28th Jan 2020, 21:13
Somewhat surprised by Lone Wolf's post, if not by Asturias's.

Jack

42go
29th Jan 2020, 09:48
Caused, I suspect, by ignorance?

Lonewolf_50
29th Jan 2020, 13:21
Somewhat surprised by Lone Wolf's post, if not by Asturias's.

Jack Even grumpy old lupines are allowed a sense of humor, Jack: perhaps I should have added a smiley of some sort.
Tone of voice does not always come across in a text based medium.
Military people resort to gallows humor as a matter of course, in my experience.
I found Asturias' come back to be a nice follow up to my set up.
Ya know, ready room/crew room banter.

FWIW, not in the banter mode. I suspect that if anything was truly amiss, the appropriate actions would have been taken.

Union Jack
29th Jan 2020, 15:24
Even grumpy old lupines are allowed a sense of humor, Jack: perhaps I should have added a smiley of some sort.
Tone of voice does not always come across in a text based medium.
Military people resort to gallows humor as a matter of course, in my experience.
I found Asturias' come back to be a nice follow up to my set up.
Ya know, ready room/crew room banter.

FWIW, not in the banter mode. I suspect that if anything was truly amiss, the appropriate actions would have been taken.

Nice courteous response Lonewolf but, whilst right at the front of the queue so far as dishing out dark blue banter is concerned, I feel that the occurrence concerned is far too serious for such "humour". Perhaps my view will be clearer when I add that, as events on 9/11 started to unfold, one of my close family was well on her way to her office on the 101st floor of the North Tower of the WTC which she shared with a company that lost 700 staff.

I believe that 42go is spot on so far as Asturias's post is concerned, given that the latter is not properly qualified to indulge in service banter.

Jack

Lonewolf_50
29th Jan 2020, 17:00
Nice courteous response Lonewolf but, whilst right at the front of the queue so far as dishing out dark blue banter is concerned, I feel that the occurrence concerned is far too serious for such "humour".
We disagree. Which is fine.
As to 9-11, two very good friends of mine were about 50' from being dead with the Pentagon got hit.
They'd just finished briefing the general they worked for when they got knocked off their feet. And it went dark.
Had the plane been aimed slightly more to the right than it was, they'd have not lived to tell me about that day.
Lucky, those two. A lot of people weren't so lucky that day.
Let me offer you part of what was in the back of my mind in re the quick response:
WWW's last thread opener on Mil Av was a troll on the French. (https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/628529-french.html)
Given that, and that he spelled KC-135 incorrectly in the title, and the aircraft was heading west, I didn't take his post seriously.
You could say that I responded to the tone that I felt was behind the post.
And before you ask, no, I am not brilliant at reading minds over the internet

Anyway, thanks for the rejoinder.
Fly safe.

Tankertrashnav
31st Jan 2020, 00:27
are there any in Scotland?

Well there's the Scottish Parliament building in Edinburgh, that's ripe for demolition (but not, I hasten to add, by impact with a large aircraft of any type!)

Pontius Navigator
31st Jan 2020, 13:30
Well there's the Scottish Parliament building in Edinburgh, that's ripe for demolition (but not, I hasten to add, by impact with a large aircraft of any type!)
Trawling for ideas then TTN?😀

Tankertrashnav
1st Feb 2020, 00:09
A chum tells me he was at that location this afternoon to see the Brexit fun and games. His wife dragged him away because he was getting too excited and needed to go back to the hotel to take his tablets!