PDA

View Full Version : With publicity like this who needs enemys...

claraball
19th Jan 2020, 13:15
Cathay just can't buy good publicity.
https://us.yahoo.com/news/influencer-says-faked-broken-ankle-152800539.html

Slasher1
19th Jan 2020, 14:26
So you have someone who commits fraud, brags about his fraudulent crime over the internet, and somehow gets away with it.

People like that give humanity a bad name.

And imagine all of the kind working folks — genuinely interested in helping someone — getting taken advantage of by a scam artist.

All I can say is he should be ashamed of himself and I am glad I am not him or like him.

Oasis
19th Jan 2020, 16:29
Lifetime ban for that guy... what a ******

cxorcist
19th Jan 2020, 17:16
The worst part is the guy or gal with an actual injury that now won’t get the seat upgrade.

Air Profit
19th Jan 2020, 20:37
Yes, it needs to be announced that this cretin is banned for life. The industry needs to demonstrate zero tolerance for this.

oriental flyer
19th Jan 2020, 21:21
I simply do not understand influencers on social media , most of these plonkers have nothing interesting to say yet earn millions . The greatest punishment is for the social media sites to shut down his account on the fact that he is promoting lying . If I were Cathay I would send him the bill for the upgrade based on lying to achieve it

stevieboy330
20th Jan 2020, 01:23
Congrats ! you're an "influencer" which is Millennial for "I do bugger all & contribute nothing" while even more stupid people copy my pointless nonsense.

f1yhigh
20th Jan 2020, 06:51
I think this could've been staged. They don't show his original boarding pass, so I'm going to assume he had originally bought a business class ticket and just simply went to economy class to do his little stunt. Any publicity is good publicity for these so called influencers. I have zero respect for them.

Near Miss
21st Jan 2020, 06:10
Apparently he was traveling with his brother who was in J. They later swapped so he could take some photos.

squarecrow
21st Jan 2020, 07:48
Ask to see a Dr's cert. that proves this clowns injury and clears him to fly before allowing
upgrade. My 10 cents but yes what a W333er.

The Range
21st Jan 2020, 18:17
Airlines don't have to upgrade a passenger with a broken leg, unless he/she pays for the upgrade.
If he/she wants to ride in business class, then buy a business class ticket.