PDA

View Full Version : Ground incident with truck vid.......

Tiger G
19th Jan 2020, 09:34
Ground incident with truck:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9qHaN_1579373645

Didn't see this posted, but will delete if it's an oldie :)

ShyTorque
19th Jan 2020, 10:01
Parking a running helicopter on a busy road junction, effectively across both sides of the road, with no traffic control in place and no warning to drivers... what could possibly go wrong? :hmm:

Hopefully, "lessons will be learned".

SASless
19th Jan 2020, 17:55
Now who is the Dummy.....the Helicopter Pilot, the Crew, the Police/Fire Crews, or the Truck Driver?

Or....the darn bunch of them?

I have landed on many a roadway....but only with a secure LZ, Radio Comms with the LZ security team, having a crew member(s) exit the aircraft immediately upon landing and immediately before takeoff, and lots of paranoia about something going wrong.

GrayHorizonsHeli
19th Jan 2020, 19:49
having the crew member exit appears to have been done here to a point....not sure exactly where he was when it all went for a ****. if he was outside, god help him with all that crap flying about.

but really though...theres enough dumbasses driving out there that even a crewmember frantically waving their arms, throwing rocks and yelling at them wont stop them.

there was an older video I saw too where a 135 I think, got hit on a downtown street somewhere. it was at night so a bit more of a spark show for our viewing pleasure.

BigMike
19th Jan 2020, 20:22
Done this many times, but 1 crew member immediately exits and directs/stops all traffic until cops arrive to take over.
Not much directing going on there... 😉

Two's in
19th Jan 2020, 21:46
The sixth "S" check for confined area: ****-for-brains in a box truck. An element of predictability about all this.

MJA Chaser
19th Jan 2020, 22:04
in that scenario who would have legal right of way? Is a helicopter allowed to land on a public road with out the road first being closed by an authority who is allowed to close a road?
Would make for an interesting motor vehicle insurance claim.

Autonomous Collectiv
20th Jan 2020, 07:42
in that scenario who would have legal right of way? Is a helicopter allowed to land on a public road with out the road first being closed by an authority who is allowed to close a road?
Would make for an interesting motor vehicle insurance claim.

Would very much depend on the administering authority and what part of the world. I'd expect EASA, UK, CASA etc. would go bananas as would the councils and traffic authorities etc. However, other places in the world this may be seen as perfectly normal. As I understand parts of Alaska the roads are permitted to be used as runways