PDA

View Full Version : Belgian DGCA new 2020 rule.

Mlambin
18th Jan 2020, 09:47
At the beginning of 2020 I received a general email about a new rule that the Belgian DGCA will apply.

As from 1st January 2020, the Licensing directorate of Belgian Civil Aviation Authority will no longer convert ICAO license to Part-FCL license and will no longer accept a valid class or type rating issued by a third country for inserting it in a Part-FCL license. If you wish to convert a license or rating issued by a third country, we invite you to transfer your license to another competent authority.

Unfortunately they aren't so responsive and helpful.

My situation: I'm holding a Belgian Part-FCL licence ( so no need to convert it ) with Type Rating issue by an ATO in Malta ( so EASA ) and my yearly examiners are EASA approved. I'm working for Sunexpress in Turkey but all this in on my EASA licence.

​​​​​​They simply told me ( since then they don't answer anymore ) to transfer it to another authorithy.

How can this be possible if my examiners are EASA and I have an EASA licence and it is already on my licence. Is this the Belgian Brexit...

Thanks for any clarification. I have asked France and Hollande for transfers but before starting any paperwork and potentially be grounded I need to be sure.

Thank you!

Banana Joe
18th Jan 2020, 10:31
I think that as long as you have an EASA license it's OK. It should apply only to non-EASA license holders. I received the same email and that's my understanding.

This probably affects those pilots in the Middle East or Asia that have their type rating on their local licenses and want to transfer it on their EASA license.

I hope I am correct otherwise the Belgians are just going to screw me up.

Joe le Taxi
18th Jan 2020, 11:19
BCAA always were very awkward about adding ratings from outside the BCAA, eg guys who came back some years ago from Singapore airlines, despite them holding a BCAA license throughout. Maybe best to do as they say and switch to another licensing country.

Banana Joe
18th Jan 2020, 11:41
As I thought, but I hope that won't be an issue for TR obtained in other ATOs in EASA land.

Mlambin
18th Jan 2020, 12:40
BCAA always were very awkward about adding ratings from outside the BCAA, eg guys who came back some years ago from Singapore airlines, despite them holding a BCAA license throughout. Maybe best to do as they say and switch to another licensing country.

Ok but my rating doesn't need to be added since it's already on and valid.

Do what they say induce medical examination center has also to be a different one if I'm not mistaken ( not Belgian one ). This is what **** me *** the most.

Of course I would do it if needed but if it's not necessary I would rather not.

Banana Joe
18th Jan 2020, 13:55
From what I have read again in the email you mentioned, you are safe (and so am I), but bureaucrats live to make our life hard. Especially those in the BCAA from what I have experienced...

nightfright
18th Jan 2020, 21:53
Belgians —- need we add anything more

Banana Joe
18th Jan 2020, 22:18
They're good people and have great beer, it's just those in the BCAA :ugh:

Mlambin
19th Jan 2020, 03:46
From what I have read again in the email you mentioned, you are safe (and so am I), but bureaucrats live to make our life hard. Especially those in the BCAA from what I have experienced...

Exactly, I also believe it.

Mlambin
19th Jan 2020, 03:47
Belgians —- need we add anything more

Needless comment.