PDA

View Full Version : bmi Postings

MaximumPete
11th Aug 2002, 09:37
Several of you have expressed concerns about ex-employees and pensioners posting on bmi company matters.

There appears to be a perception that I am hiding behind my employment status for want of better words "take a pop" at my ex-employers for whatever reason. I can assure you that this not the case. Those who know me understand my reasons for posting on various matters relating to bmi. I've stuck my head over the parapet in the past, whilst an employee, to right a wrong or two and have also done my time on the PLC, that's the one before the CC.

Yes, I've had a fantastic career and accrued a decent pension. Yes, I am enjoying retirement and living a very full and active life. I detect little green eyes of jealousy here from the tone of some of the postings.

Enough said, I'm mindful of the fact that these are very sensitive issues affecting all employees within bmi. I have decided that I shall not be making any more postings relating to bmi company matters.

MP
PS. All my comments have deleted from both topics

packsonflite
11th Aug 2002, 09:48
Pete,

Thanks for that, and at this time much appreciated.

Regards

Packsonflite.

:) :) :)

KingoftheRoad
11th Aug 2002, 16:37
Well I think it's a shame Pete feels obliged to delete his postings on Midland matters. At least everyone knows Pete is an ex employee, unlike 99% of other posters (me included).

I reckon Pete is as entitled to his opinion, same as everyone else.

Come on Pete, have a pop........every bu@@er else is. :D

honcho320
11th Aug 2002, 19:48
Pete.

I"m sorry to see that you stopped your postings.
You are one of the few people that the knowledge and experience to know what you"re talking about with regards to BMi.
Go on , .........Change your mind.

A Fan

honcho 320

PPRuNe Pop
11th Aug 2002, 21:07
Pete.

If you would like to contact me direct - if you think it would help please do so. I have seen your posts as being helpful and to the point, be a shame to see them stop.

PPP

b mi baby
11th Aug 2002, 22:49
Pete,

I was surprised to see you state that you intend to stop your postings. Others probably do not know that you are also a magistrate in your spare time. The only reason I can see which would make you stop posting to this forum would be if you had been threatened in some way or it affected your position as a magistrate. There is no reason you should have to stop posting here - other than if you have been threatened by bmi. Surely the management have not stooped that low !

Hew Jampton
12th Aug 2002, 20:39
Pete
Your contributions are still welcomed by me on two grounds:[list=1]
As a pensioner you are able to comment on Company matters without much in the way of retribution, such as 'coincidentally' failing your next check or being referred to a trick cyclist.
Although it might seem a distant prospect for twenty-something newer pilots, everybody is going to be a pensioner one day and the input from a pensioner is valid. The final salary scheme is by no means safe even for existing employees.
[/list=1]

doo
15th Aug 2002, 19:38
Pete,
We need the historical viewpoint as well as there are many who have not seen it all before!:)

ducksoup
16th Aug 2002, 11:46
Pete,
Not very keen on criticsm are we?

Whilst on the one hand, you suggest you are posting on behalf of others who dare not post anti-bmi stuff, on the other, you have the cheek to suggest that you are not 'having a pop', whilst hiding behind your ex-employee status. Double standards or just plain untrue?

You then go on to claim, like some latter-day Robin Hood, that you have 'stuck your head above the parapet' to right a wrong or two. Overstating the case a bit, isn't it?

Then, when faced with a bit of criticism, you immediately take your ball away and effectvely say that you are not playing anymore. Childish, or what?

You 'detect little green eyes'. Wrong again, at least from me.

I wouldn't like to endure what you did. On the other hand, maybe I would not have been in the same position myself. By that last remark, there is no criticsm intended, it's just that others may not have handled things the same way, thus not attracting the cr@p that you most certainly did. I say again, no criticsm.

Think again about posting, Pete; youngsters could learn a few things from you but please do not keep on 'tilting at windmills'. It demeans you and didn't do Don Quixote much good either!