PDA

View Full Version : Good time to take a breather...and come back stronger

VR-HFX
14th Jan 2020, 10:24
https://www.crewroom.net/single-post/2020/01/14/Cathay-Pacific-Offering-Unpaid-Leave-to-Cabin-Crew-AND-Pilots-as-Airline-Cuts-Capacity-and-Growth?fbclid=IwAR2596cCDtyd2FR8N33UAtmPCgJj_EEdJ2pI2rgaQe-uJfDxmwX3yP79d7o

Flex88
14th Jan 2020, 13:09
https://www.crewroom.net/single-post/2020/01/14/Cathay-Pacific-Offering-Unpaid-Leave-to-Cabin-Crew-AND-Pilots-as-Airline-Cuts-Capacity-and-Growth?fbclid=IwAR2596cCDtyd2FR8N33UAtmPCgJj_EEdJ2pI2rgaQe-uJfDxmwX3yP79d7o"The SCMP reported that a company-wide review of personnel needs is likely to conclude soon. In the meantime, Cathay Pacific has frozen recruitment of cabin crew and other “non-essential” workers."

Someone 4 > 6 months ago replied to me there is no way layoffs will occur as they're still getting AC and still hiring... Read the above quote, step back a bit, THINK !!!

Roll the dice ?? - Y/N

#CXIT

ACMS
14th Jan 2020, 22:42
Anyone care to look at the current load factors.....I’ve seen worse.......

We've had many Pilots on ULV for a while now.

Nothing new here.

Flex88
15th Jan 2020, 14:33
Anyone care to look at the current load factors.....I’ve seen worse.......

We've had many Pilots on ULV for a while now.

Nothing new here.

To the management mole that is ACMS:

Cancelling sectors and/or slashing ticket prices seems to help with that nasty Load Factor statistic in your daily management Pravda eMail nes't pas ???

The Bullwinkle
15th Jan 2020, 23:34
In a statement, a spokesperson for the airline confirmed it was offering unpaid leave to flight crew but this formed part of “existing voluntary ‘lifestyle rosters'” that had been put in place for Cathay Dragon flight crew. “Such rosters are open to application and allow crew to pursue interests of their choice while maintaining a balanced and rewarding lifestyle,” the spokesperson told us.

Wow, that sounds awesome and so caring. Truly must be a wonderful company to work for......

Trafalgar
15th Jan 2020, 23:46
"...balanced and rewarding lifestyle..." Glad to see management haven't lost their sense of humour since I left !

AllWobbly
16th Jan 2020, 00:01
"...balanced and rewarding lifestyle..." Glad to see management haven't lost their sense of humour since I left !
Sense of reality?

ACMS
16th Jan 2020, 02:26
To the management mole that is ACMS:

Cancelling sectors and/or slashing ticket prices seems to help with that nasty Load Factor statistic in your daily management Pravda eMail nes't pas ???

Management mole? I’m not a management mole, far from it actually. All I pointed out was that the LF aren’t that bad at the moment.....how is that a management position exactly?

Slasher1
16th Jan 2020, 03:14
Why not simply get shoulder surgery. Or all of that 'old man' maintenance you've been deferring.

Then you'll REALLY come back stronger.

And perhaps even live a longer and happier life.