PDA

View Full Version : ATPL : Question banks Dgac exams

ced0802
11th Jan 2020, 15:20
Hello.

Will soon take ATPL exams via DGAC (easa).
Which question banks would you recommend?

I am a bit lost between : Atpl questions , AtplGS, and BGS (is it only for UK?)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Flyingsnowman
11th Jan 2020, 20:13
I have been using AviationExam during my ATPL exams in Slovakia. Everything passed for the first try.

Wertytg
12th Jan 2020, 14:57
I did all my exams using AviationExam in Spain and all at first try with an average over 90

ced0802
12th Jan 2020, 16:20
Thanks a lot guys for your feedback. So no need another one as a complement with Av exam to avoid surprises ?

Flyingsnowman
12th Jan 2020, 18:15
There were surprises for me when I was using Av.Exam. I think there always will. All questions databases are unofficial. They are based on students report. If there is a new question added into official exams it takes some time till it is added into Av.Exam database.

I recommend not to learn the questions by heart but rather try to understand them. It will be much easier for you to solve new questions then.

Not all are possible to understand though :rolleyes: (so yeah, there will be still many question which you must just remember). You should be lucky not to get like half of the test new questions. Personally I can say that I had on average 20% new questions on official exams. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Good luck!

ced0802
13th Jan 2020, 06:44
Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

Wertytg
13th Jan 2020, 10:36
Yes, that's very importat what Flyingsnowman said, DO NOT learn by heart every question, it's true that some questions it takes too much time to do it, so it's better to just know the answer or some that are not 100% correct however it's their official answer so you must remember it.
Also there're always new questions, at least 5 or (One for me were like half new) but normally they are similar to the ones you have study or If you really understand the basics they are simple.
However sometimes it's almost impossible to solve it so pick the longest or "C"