PDA

View Full Version : EASA FI course

JamesBanda
11th Jan 2020, 15:01
Hello.
I am looking for a solid and an affordable FI rating course in Europe, Ideally in Eastern or Central Europe.
Do you have any recommendation?

spitfirejock
14th Jan 2020, 19:21
What do you mean by solid? If you mean 'high quality' as opposed to "low quality' that might provoke some responses on this forum! As for affordable, what do you mean? Some people might afford £10,000 ($13,000) and often do or have to, others could only afford half that so don't bother based on pay rates in certain areas of the market!

My advice would always be to anyone, do the research, however, the numbers I mention here are about the going rate for a good and reputable EASA FI course in the UK and USA. Given the cost of operations and the prices charges by top notch FIC instructors who deliver high quality training (which is important), I fail see how this could be offered much below these amounts. Others will no doubt disagree - we shall see.

Good Luck!

SJ

parkfell
15th Jan 2020, 05:10
What do you mean by solid? If you mean 'high quality' as opposed to "low quality' that might provoke some responses on this forum! As for affordable, what do you mean? Some people might afford £10,000 ($13,000) and often do or have to, others could only afford half that so don't bother based on pay rates in certain areas of the market!

My advice would always be to anyone, do the research, however, the numbers I mention here are about the going rate for a good and reputable EASA FI course in the UK and USA. Given the cost of operations and the prices charges by top notch FIC instructors who deliver high quality training (which is important), I fail see how this could be offered much below these amounts. Others will no doubt disagree - we shall see.

Good Luck!

SJ
I do not disagree with SJ regarding the importance of quality teaching.

The overall quality of junior birdmen is totally dependent upon how well they are taught in the first place.
That can only be achieved if FIC courses standards and the testing of their customers are sound.
The upgrade to FI must include a flight test with a Senior Examiner.

Years ago prior to JAR, a certain FIE was doing an upgrade test for a AFI to QFI under CAA CAP 509.
The candidate was unsuccessful to upgrade and the quality of instruction was such that the FIE failed the person to retain the AFI rating without further retraining.

Another FIE was extremely reluctant to fail a currently qualified FI on test as “it would take away his livelihood” !

What is absolutely critical, is that attitude selection and trimming is taught to perfection, irrespective what course is being undertaken. Without this fundamental skill, junior birdmen are wasting their time.