PDA

View Full Version : Part NCC Private Ops Concessions

jetq
11th Jan 2020, 14:47
Hello,

I understand the requirement to apply Part-NCC to a privately operated bizjet in Europe. Perhaps someone experienced with such could clarify:

1) Is factored take-off / landing distances a requirement for privately operated jets (no paying passengers)?
2) Are there any other differences / concessions verses AOC operations?
3) If the beneficial owner is not on board but sends the jet to collect a family member, is that still non public transport (i.e. factored take off not applying).

Appreciate the answers,

Jetq

3rd Feb 2020, 16:21
Hello,

I understand the requirement to apply Part-NCC to a privately operated bizjet in Europe. Perhaps someone experienced with such could clarify:

1) Is factored take-off / landing distances a requirement for privately operated jets (no paying passengers)?
No
2) Are there any other differences / concessions verses AOC operations?
You must have an Operations Manual anyway. As it is not approved by the authority, it's up to you to make sure it's compliant.
Final reserve 45mn at "normal cruise altitude" vs 30mn/1500ftAAL
Almost no weather preparation margin required. It's up to you to make sure the flight is safe.
Here a summary of the non commercial operational rules NCC/NCO. It's in French, but google may be helpful to translate https://xcaviation.wordpress.com/2018/07/16/preparation-et-vol-ifr/
3) If the beneficial owner is not on board but sends the jet to collect a family member, is that still non public transport (i.e. factored take off not applying).
I think so, but I'm not a lawyer, below the official definition
’commercial operation’ means any operation of an aircraft, in return for remuneration or other valuable consideration, which is available for the public or, when not made available to the public, which is performed under a contract between an operator and a customer, where the latter has no control over the operator;