PDA

View Full Version : MEP/IR Expiry

Honeyman5123
10th Jan 2020, 00:13
Hello folks,

I am about to start a type rating in the A320 next month but I have a doubt that has been bugging me for some time. My MEP/IR will expire 30/04/20 and I am wondering if I can finish the type rating with the rating expired. I am a fresh CPL guy with 158 hours applying for my first Multi Pilot Type rating. What I have been reading is that I only need the IR valid for the start of the type rating but it is still unclear to me if i need or not to renew it.

Thank you for your help.

rudestuff
10th Jan 2020, 10:05
I am wondering if I can finish the type rating with the rating expired.
What I have been reading is that I only need the IR valid for the start of the type rating but it is still unclear to me if i need or not to renew it.
Trust what you have been reading. Unless you actually want to fly MEPs again...

hoduka
11th Jan 2020, 08:28
Hi

Here is a quote from Part FCL(easy acces pg 840):
Multi-pilot aeroplanes Applicants for the issue of the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall be student pilots currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the following requirements: (1) have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC in aeroplanes; (2) hold or have held a multi-engine IR(A);...

So, based on this you dont even need to have it valid (however, the company can be more conservative on the matter)

h

Honeyman5123
12th Jan 2020, 00:31
Thank you very much for your help guys!