PDA

View Full Version : SAS Low Hour Pilot Recruitment

JuliusCaesar
7th Jan 2020, 12:25
Hello

Has anybody who applied to the SAS recruitment that expired on the 31st, heard anything yet?

And does anybody with former experience from SAS assesment wish to share the details?

I've created this thread because I couldn't find any on this particular subject.

Regards

ShamrockF
8th Jan 2020, 10:38
What's the take home pay like for low hour pilots in SAS?

pilot_a
8th Jan 2020, 12:01
I’ve heard that they only invite people who have some airline experience already.

danbw9
9th Jan 2020, 13:51
They also want you to speak at least one Scandinavian language. This is a requirement and will not consider you otherwise.

JuliusCaesar
9th Jan 2020, 14:06
They also want you to speak at least one Scandinavian language. This is a requirement and will not consider you otherwise.

I'm Danish but I just finished flight school. and Just want to know if anybody with low hours got invited?

ShamrockF
9th Jan 2020, 15:48
Ok.... but can you give any pointers on the assessment details or take home pay?

pilot_a
9th Jan 2020, 19:16
Ok.... but can you give any pointers on the assessment details or take home pay?

google tells me this, it’s in SEK.

En SAS-pilot har en ingångslön på 34 000 kronor. Sedan höjs lönen för varje tjänsteår som en trappa med 24 steg, där slutlönen är 97 700 kronor. Detta är grundlönen före tillägg och traktamente.

JuliusCaesar
9th Jan 2020, 20:36
google tells me this, it’s in SEK.

En SAS-pilot har en ingångslön på 34 000 kronor. Sedan höjs lönen för varje tjänsteår som en trappa med 24 steg, där slutlönen är 97 700 kronor. Detta är grundlönen före tillägg och traktamente.

it says the start wage is 34000 kroner, and it increases with seniority up to 97700 kroner.
this is the standard wage, not including extra pay for layover etc.

danbw9
10th Jan 2020, 01:19
As far as I know they don’t take low hours pilots. Usually Swedes are the only ones that do get it as low hours (no idea why, but could have something to do with the government funded scheme).

I was invited with low hours back in 2018, but already had a job at the time. Re applied again last autumn, now with hours on the A320 and heard nothing.

Good news is there will supposedly be a wave of retirements in the next few years (many old career FOs as well as normal captain retirement). They won’t be able to fill this gap with nationals alone, so SASI will need to expand or SAS mainline will need to accept international pilots.