PDA

View Full Version : OAG release worldwide punctuality data report - Garuda wins...............

Asturias56
3rd Jan 2020, 08:27
https://www.oag.com/reports/punctuality-league-2020?utm_campaign=Punctuality%20League%202020&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=81426843&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-97clB7euV6hJ26dZPCAh0hSdTru0_QgFJzYc2JItRJroIkshnIr1GbqPnxt-govA2ml5BRJpiPRNR4PRmQNoMlma5o3g&_hsmi=81428495

register to download for free

"Today we released the results of the OAG Punctuality League 2020, a comprehensive ranking of the world’s largest airlines and airports for on-time performance (OTP).

Garuda Indonesia takes the top spot globally and regionally with an impressive OTP of 95.01%.

Aeroflot finished as the most punctual Mega Airline in Europe and second-most punctual mega in the world (OTP 86.30%).

Six U.S. carriers ranked among the most punctual Mega Airlines in the world, including Delta Air Lines (4), Alaska Airlines (6), Southwest Airlines (8), American Airlines (9), United Airlines (13) and JetBlue (16).

Copa Airlines (OTP 92.01%) and LATAM Airlines Group (OTP 86.41%) were the second and fifth most punctual airlines in the world.

Japanese airport Osaka Itami (ITM) finished as the most punctual Large Airport for a second consecutive year with an OTP of 88.03%.

British Airways’ hub London Heathrow (LHR; OTP 75.27%) ranked 13th among Mega Airports—a notable accomplishment for the world’s most internationally connected airport.

Delta-hub airport, Minneapolis-Saint Paul (MSP) was the second most punctual Major Airport in the world, with an OTP of 83.27%.

Six Latin American airportsearned placements in the top 20 Medium category with Panama City (PTY; OTP 92.21%), Recife (REC; OTP 82.64%), Rio de Janeiro (GIG; OTP 82.06%) and Belo Horizonte (CNF; OTP 81.55%) placing in the top 10.

BRUpax
3rd Jan 2020, 13:58
I'll take safety over punctuality any time!

Note: This is a general statement and not in anyway aimed specifically at Garuda Indonesia or any of the above named carriers.

Asturias56
3rd Jan 2020, 14:03
TBH they're a lot better than they used to be - and flying within Indonesia they are a lot better than the competition

I think their last fatal was 13 years ago - quite a few other airlines have worse records recently

Crewing Gimp
3rd Jan 2020, 19:03
Great to see an British airline in the top 20 👍

The AvgasDinosaur
3rd Jan 2020, 21:01
I can’t get the link to work, sadly!
i would be curious to see the bottom five also
Be lucky
David

Dan Dare
3rd Jan 2020, 21:07
OTP is one of my pet hates. Who cares whether the flight pushes back on time? Who particularly cares that it's on chocks on time? My last flight arrived early and there was zero queue to get through immigration, but I still had to wait almost an hour for the bags and was therefore late as far as I'm concerned. As a passenger I care that I can be collected on time. Everything else is noise. OTP is only used because that used to be the easy metric to measure (and to game). Nowadays it would be fairly easy to measure what time I meet the chauffeur, but because the world measures OTP it is easy to stick with this irrelevance.

Asturias56
4th Jan 2020, 08:19
You can get a link to the report at the bottom of the opening page on https://www.oag.com/

They only list the best performers - presumably if you r favourite airport isn't listed it's....... :\