PDA

View Full Version : Global 5500/6600 differences course

oz_faf81
3rd Jan 2020, 02:46
Hi all,

Does anyone know what's the cost of the Global 5500/6500 differences course at CAE for someone who comes from the Vision ?

Thanks.

Oluf
6th Jan 2020, 13:39
It is supposed to be a CBT offered in conjunction with a normal recurrent at no increased cost! It is not a differences course like classic/Vision...there are changes in performance section, Engine Limitations and Vspeeds. I believe if your recurrent was within the past 6 months it will be accessible online.

oz_faf81
9th Jan 2020, 12:51
Thanks,

Just had a look at the online docs on the elearning website, it’s not there (I got trained at CAE 3 months ago). I’ll see what happens when I return to recurrent in 3 months...

BizJetJock
10th Jan 2020, 08:30
at no increased cost!
I think you're smoking something very strong if you think they will miss an opportunity to charge for something! For comparison, a Challenger 605 to 650 familiarisation course delivered as an online package is several thousand dollars.

moonym20
28th Jan 2020, 09:42
Is there any update on where the 5500\6500 differences course can be found?

I checked the docs on the CAE app and can’t find any trace of it.

for what’s its worth, I personally feel that the app and web portal offered by CAE to access course materials is utterly woeful compared to the offerings from BAtraining. The content offered on there by Bombardier was fantastic, easy to access and copied the slides used in class. Being able to access the V5 differences outside of class was a huge help too.

So sad to see all of this information is lost since CAE took over the training completely - though I do believe the classes still use the previous BAtraining slides...

if anyone does know where to access the differences, it would satisfy my couriosity 🙂