View Full Version : Remarkable landing

mickjoebill
2nd Jan 2020, 05:56
!!!
https://fbwat.ch/1Q1ml5YTQlqdei2T

Mjb

skadi
2nd Jan 2020, 06:27
Remarkable? I would say stupid, at least with passengers.

skadi

Hughes500
2nd Jan 2020, 06:56
I don't think stupid covers it

happyjack
2nd Jan 2020, 07:32
There is no downwash on the water.

andrasz
2nd Jan 2020, 08:39
Agree, video looks suspicious to say the least.

SnowFella
2nd Jan 2020, 09:06
Rather well done reflections in the water if it's trickery involved I'd have to say!

TWT
2nd Jan 2020, 09:15
Very unlikely to be 'fake'.

The equipment required to do that costs a fortune, not to mention the time involved.

One of the comments claims that the pilot had his licence pulled. Is that true ?

Who knows :)

Less Hair
2nd Jan 2020, 09:46
That is no safe way to fly. Hate those show off idiots.
Having seen two of those similar pilot characters finally killing themselves (and other occupants) I‘d say take away their licence ASAP.

HeliHenri
2nd Jan 2020, 10:05
Agree, video looks suspicious to say the least.

Very suspicious indeed, have you noticed that the registration is brazilian while people speak portuguese … :E:E:E

nigelh
2nd Jan 2020, 10:27
But a good party trick ( if you don’t mess it up !) . He slightly loses it on the second rev but gets it together for a perfect touch down . Without a passenger and at an air show I would have said that was quite impressive skills . Maybe he learned from Dennis !!

212man
2nd Jan 2020, 12:08
there’s plenty of down wash in the trees though! The down wash on the water will be behind him as he’s moving forward at that point, and we never see aft off the tail whilst he’s over the water.

TheFrenchConnection
2nd Jan 2020, 14:09
Yes I agree a possible doctored film , no rotor downwash over water ,
look here how it should be for a R44 ;
just search :
" R44 Landing at Geelong Water Front " - youtube

Flying Hi
2nd Jan 2020, 15:26
Very suspicious indeed, have you noticed that the registration is brazilian while people speak portuguese … :E:E:E

Well they would, wouldn't they. Portugese is Brazil's language.

cxorcist
2nd Jan 2020, 15:36
That MAY be a good stick and rudder “pilot”, but he is DEFINITELY an idiot.

212man
2nd Jan 2020, 15:46
Yes I agree a possible doctored film , no rotor downwash over water ,
look here how it should be for a R44 ;
just search :
" R44 Landing at Geelong Water Front " - youtube

Just proves my point - wash is behind and as he slows it catches him. The OP video aircraft has a high airspeed over the water and we never see what’s behind the tail. Once he’s amongst trees the branches are flapping everywhere!

FH1100 Pilot
2nd Jan 2020, 15:47
This video has been around a while, and those of us who monitor helicopter online sites have already seen and commented on it. With that in mind, we can joke that this seems to be the "standard" Brazilian approach profile. Climbing decel to a hover over a specific spot with a 720 finish? Pretty good execution of a tricky maneuver! As Nigelh notes above, he did kind of goof it up on the second rotation at the end, but he did recover nicely for a good set-down. Incautious? Yep. Risky? Heck yeah! Would you do it? Oh, you'd probably say, "No way in hell!" And maybe you mean it. But helicopters are capable of some seriously funky, cold maneuvers, and some young, brazen, bold pilots will try them.

212man
2nd Jan 2020, 15:48
I think you missed the sarcasm....

T28B
2nd Jan 2020, 15:49
Se soffro di pressione bassa non posso fare il pilota di linea?Una pressione in cui la minima è 60 e la massima 120 è un problema?Che pressione deve avere un pilota di linea?La pressione si può aumentare?come?

Grazie a tutti
Tommaso, buon giorno.
il forum para la lingua itialiano e qui (https://www.pprune.org/italian-forum-94/).

Mi dispiace, non parlo itialiano no molto bene.

I moved your other post (https://www.pprune.org/italian-forum/628489-sono-nuovo.html#post10652126) there, please discuss with our colleagues on that forum.

radiosutch
2nd Jan 2020, 19:29
Produced in the imminently to be released updated Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
MSFS back from the dead !

Jimmy.
2nd Jan 2020, 21:10
A quick research on the Brazilian Civilian Aviation Autority site reveals that the aircraft has been banned (while its annual inspection dates from october).

3rd Jan 2020, 16:31
He certainly didn't leave himself very much margin for error - not a difficult manoeuvre to fly over open ground, but between obstacles when you can't be sure of the tail clearance is taking a lot of risks.

That video could so easily have been another crash video - he was just very lucky as well as stupid.

Two's in
3rd Jan 2020, 20:50
Anytime you are operating close to the ground with airspeed, and your skids are not aligned with the direction of travel, you have made a bold choice about the reliability of your aircraft and your reaction time to an emergency.

GrayHorizonsHeli
4th Jan 2020, 00:06
Ive always been curious

theres plenty of videos out there of questionable flying.many of them grace this forum

you could easily assume that some of those pilots are members here.

have any of them stepped up to explain themselves? offer apologies for their digressions, or do they hide and hope it all blows over?

MLH
4th Jan 2020, 01:47
These are the type that eventually win a Darwin award.