PDA

View Full Version : JAR/FCL PPL Revalidation query

blueninja
29th Dec 2019, 09:42
Hello,

I have a PPL (JAR/FCL) licence, but last flew 2007, so obviously this licence has now expired!

I have recently taken early retirement and would like to start flying again.

Would anybody happen to know if I would need to do the whole course again or would I be able to do a refresher course and a retest?

I understand that the licence changed from JAR to EASA in 2014, so I'm not sure if this complicates matters even more!

many thanks

TheOddOne
29th Dec 2019, 17:14
Welcome back to flying - enjoy!

Go along to your local Approved/Declared Training Organisation. They should be able to help you. Basically, it's training as required and a test, followed by an application for a) issue of a Part-FCL licence b) a rating entered on it. ~Then send off with a load of money to the CAA. The paperwork is the most complicated part of the procedure, hopefully your ATO/DTO will lead you gently by the hand through this. If they can't, find one who can!

TOO

blueninja
29th Dec 2019, 18:00
Welcome back to flying - enjoy!

Go along to your local Approved/Declared Training Organisation. They should be able to help you. Basically, it's training as required and a test, followed by an application for a) issue of a Part-FCL licence b) a rating entered on it. ~Then send off with a load of money to the CAA. The paperwork is the most complicated part of the procedure, hopefully your ATO/DTO will lead you gently by the hand through this. If they can't, find one who can!

TOO

Thank you for the reply, I will do as you suggest.

It's good to know I won't have to go through the entire course again :-)

Thanks again

flybymike
30th Dec 2019, 12:28
Information in this link may be helpful.

Irv Lee - UK Pilot Mentoring (http://www.higherplane.co.uk/faq.html)

particularly answers to questions 2 and 39.

rudestuff
30th Dec 2019, 12:38
Hello,

I have a PPL (JAR/FCL) licence, but last flew 2007, so obviously this licence has now expired!

I have recently taken early retirement and would like to start flying again.

Would anybody happen to know if I would need to do the whole course again or would I be able to do a refresher course and a retest?

I understand that the licence changed from JAR to EASA in 2014, so I'm not sure if this complicates matters even more!

many thanks
I was in the same boat. After a 10 year gap it took me just under 4 hours to get up to test standard. It'll come back to you!

blueninja
30th Dec 2019, 13:41
Thank you flybymike, that's very helpful indeed :-)

rudestuff - wow! I hope it comes back that quickly, did you do anything to help your progress?