View Full Version : I.T. Question For Jerez Students

Le-Slat Disagree
6th Aug 2001, 14:06
Quick question,

I'm going to be bringing down my laptop, when I start, what do I need to get web access? I know BAe have got a LAN, can we access that? Will I need a 10/100 LAN card or a Modem and dial a Spanish ISP? Comments & advice gratefully received.

Le-Slat

window-seat
6th Aug 2001, 14:31
Hi Le-Slat,

Sorry can't help with the I.T. question, but just wondered, are you officially starting on the 1st Oct. (looks like i'm having to wait and see what this airline is going to do before knowing when I can start)?

Le-Slat Disagree
6th Aug 2001, 15:22
Yes, I can confirm, I'm officially on the 1st October Course! :D

I really don't envy you having to wait 2 weeks to find out whether or not you're on the course. Hopefully you are, but you'll have to shut up shop fairly quickly!

Has anyone else confirmed?

Regards

Le-Slat

Le-Slat Disagree
6th Aug 2001, 20:03
ElNino

Thanx very much for that info, I'll try and get hold of a card now.

Cheers again, see you in Oct.

Le-Slat

mad_jock
6th Aug 2001, 22:53
You could try getting hold of a 10mbit hub (3com) they are about 30 quid so if there is access trouble due to lack of ports you can just plug in and share 1.

remember to check that you plug it into port 8 with it switched to "to hub" on the dip switch.

Good luck

MJ

Le-Slat Disagree
7th Aug 2001, 13:58
MJ

Good idea, thanks. I'll see what the availability is like when I'm out there.
Just to confirm though, is it one of 3com's OfficeConnect range - Hub 8TPO, by any chance? Networks aren't really my aisle, but I'll have a go!

Cheers

Le-Slat