PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas everyone

mngmt mole
24th Dec 2019, 18:33
I would like to wish all my former colleagues at CX a very Merry Christmas and a Happy (better?) New Year. I've been gone several months now, and with the increasing passage of time, I can reflect back on the good and the bad. The good: the many dedicated, hard working, long suffering fellow pilots (and their families) who deserve much better from the company they work for. The bad: a company that has completely lost it's way, with a management who does not understand or appreciate their most valuable work force, nor take any time to consider the fair and important issues that are badly effecting their lives (and their families).

I will always cherish the good moments, looking way back to the mid 80's when I joined. I am grateful I had the privilege of working for CX when it was the envy of the world (both as an airline and an employer). I also deeply resent the people and culture that squandered that enviable reputation and place in our industry.

I hope all of you have a better 2020 than recent events would suggest. If you do not see a future at CX, then don't hesitate to leave. I am now gone, and I must admit I see a brighter horizon than I have done for the past 20+ years of my experience at the airline. Once you leave, you quickly realise that CX did not deserve a moment more of your life. Good luck and best wishes to all, Merry Christmas. mm

MENELAUS
26th Dec 2019, 12:10
Applaud the sentiment. Apart from that, vicarious bollocks.

Gordomac
27th Dec 2019, 11:45
Aaah, Globo expressing with his customary elegance and wit . I was, once, asked why I lurk about Fragrant Harbour and I replied that it gave me my larf of the day. Worked today although, again, had to get me Dictionary out. You could have just wished MM a Merry Christmas too.I am sending you a box of cards given to me by an Arab colleague; on the front it is all very Christmassie, pretty snow scene, Xmas trees etc and says " Merry Christmas. Jesus loves you". In the inside, it say ; "Everyone else thinks you are a c..t " ! Not intended for you or me Globo but a bloody good larf eh ?

MENELAUS
27th Dec 2019, 13:42
Yes Gordo. 20 years ago when I first heard it. Cheers