PDA

View Full Version : Su-57 crash - pilot OK

Chris Kebab
24th Dec 2019, 10:17
5th Gen aircraft - interesting to see what happened to that. https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31620/su-57-felon-advanced-fighter-crashes-in-russia control system according to TASS within a few hours! https://tass.com/emergencies/1102853

BVRAAM
24th Dec 2019, 22:56
It's a gorgeous jet and a shame to drop one, especially so soon in to its life.

Glad the pilot's okay, I hope he isn't too badly hurt and can at least enjoy Christmas with his family.

Whenurhappy
25th Dec 2019, 08:24
It's a gorgeous jet and a shame to drop one, especially so soon in to its life.

Glad the pilot's okay, I hope he isn't too badly hurt and can at least enjoy Christmas with his family.
Given it was in Russia, he will have a couple of weeks to recover before the Orthodox Christmas celebrations on 7 January.

A_Van
25th Dec 2019, 10:14
According to local regional media, it's the same very pilot from the same very manufacturing plant (in Far East) that ejected from Su-30 in 2012. Luck or bad luck?
Good to know that he was picked up by a rescue team quite quickly though the crash location was very remote. It's about -30 C in that area now.

rattman
25th Dec 2019, 21:26
According to local regional media, it's the same very pilot from the same very manufacturing plant (in Far East) that ejected from Su-30 in 2012. Luck or bad luck?
Good to know that he was picked up by a rescue team quite quickly though the crash location was very remote. It's about -30 C in that area now.

The life of a test pilot

There was a swedish who crashed 2 Gripen during during his time (Lars Radestrom)

SnowFella
25th Dec 2019, 22:56
The life of a test pilot

There was a swedish who crashed 2 Gripen during during his time (Lars Radestrom)

The first one was rather impressive to see, not many that walk away after that many rolls along the ground!

BVRAAM
25th Dec 2019, 23:01

Bad luck - his spine will be shot. Old age will not be kind to him.....

Union Jack
26th Dec 2019, 10:52
Given it was in Russia, he will have a couple of weeks to recover before the Orthodox Christmas celebrations on 7 January.

Xо! Xо! Xо! Hope all well with you.:ok:

Jack

Homelover
26th Dec 2019, 18:06

So you are a Orthopaedic consultant now, as well as an Aviation ‘expert’ ???
Some people really need to learn that sometimes it’s better to keep one’s uninformed opinion to oneself.

BVRAAM
26th Dec 2019, 23:09
So you are a Orthopaedic consultant now, as well as an Aviation ‘expert’ ???
Some people really need to learn that sometimes it’s better to keep one’s uninformed opinion to oneself.

Give it a rest.

Homelover
26th Dec 2019, 23:17
Why? Because crass, ill-informed comments should be allowed to go unchallenged? That’s not how it works old chap. Send me a PM if you need further explanation, or you could reflect on how you’ve passed judgement on someone’s medical condition on a number of occasions, without knowing them or their circumstances. I think most here would agree that’s not really on. I’ll leave it to you.

Senior Pilot
27th Dec 2019, 00:47
Give it a rest.

Excellent idea: have a month off from the Mil Aviation Forum and let the professionals get on with life without your inanities :ok:

LOMCEVAK
27th Dec 2019, 15:44
I know that others have already commented on this statement but I would like to add my thoughts, based upon facts and personal experience, which disagree with the unsupported statement quoted above.

Under UK MAA regulation, there is no age limit for flying on ejection seats (accepting that there is a maximum age of 65 for flying single pilot which covers most ejection seat flying) and this includes flying on early versions of Martin-Baker seats (Mks 3 and 4) that have a higher peak g and g onset rate than more modern seats. Also, if someone has ejected then so long as they have no long-term injury that precludes fitness to fly on an ejection seat then there are still no age limits for flight on ejection seats nor a limit imposed by previous ejection history. There are several pilots who have ejected more than once and maintain fitness into old age. The original Martin-Baker test subject, Bernard Lynch, performed 31 test ejections. Yes, there are some who unfortunately have sustained serious injuries during ejection but every case is different and you cannot speculate.

A_Van
27th Dec 2019, 18:17
In 80's I worked for some time with a retired test pilot who was involved in quite risky programme back in late 50's and early 60's. His job was to fly old Ilyushin-28 tactical bombers, which served as targets for A2A and SAMs being tested. At a certain point of time he engaged autopilot and ejected shortly before the plane was hit. And he did it 30+ times (!). No need to say that first ejection systems were way way less reliable and comfortable (if this word is ever applicable) than current K-36D family. This gentleman recently died at the age of 90+ and not because of spine problems.