PDA

View Full Version : NATS AIS on internet

BigEndBob
23rd Dec 2019, 22:17
Something that ain't broke fixed again.
Terrible layout and typeface.

TheOddOne
24th Dec 2019, 06:53
I had a real job finding aerodrome pages, you have to drill down further. Also, the pages no longer print properly, there's bits missing round the edges. I like to print out approach plates for IMC students, though in the air we use an A5 plate we pay a subscription for.
As you say, they've fixed what wasn't broke.
What also bugs me, no-one has tried to explain why they had to do this and what's supposed to be better about it.
If the new NOTAM system is going to be like this, even fewer people are going to read the things.

Oh, and another thing. I know how it happened historically, but surely it should be the responsibility of our regulator to publish this stuff, not our airline-owned Air Traffic provider? Presumably, NATS get a payoff for doing it, how much and from whom?

TOO

TCAS FAN
24th Dec 2019, 07:27
And if you are responsible for keeping your aerodrome's AIP entries up to date, the new system for changing AIP entries is a complete nightmare!

BigEndBob
24th Dec 2019, 07:28
Snap, one of my club members said he had a problem finding the aerodrome page, so i looked into it.
I prefer the old hard copy look, easier on the eye and the the printed page cuts off.

MrAverage
24th Dec 2019, 08:10
I found the only way to print a plate fully was to open it with adobe.............

MrAverage
24th Dec 2019, 08:11
.and while we're on the subject, what happened to the front page of this forum?

BigEndBob
24th Dec 2019, 23:15
.and while we're on the subject, what happened to the front page of this forum?
Again something that wasn't broke, it's dreadful.

Whopity
25th Dec 2019, 08:45
Change creates the illusion of progress.

condor17
2nd Jan 2020, 06:50
Mr Av. Thought it was just me , inadvertantly pushing a 'wrong' button .
If it ain't broke don't fix it , please .

rgds condor .

student88
3rd Jan 2020, 01:15
Dear NATS - if you are reading this please return to the original format.

This one sucks.

Thanks!

p.s. Does anyone know who we can send feedback (complain) to? An email address would be handy, preferably one which doesn't send to an unmonitored inbox.

Whopity
3rd Jan 2020, 18:22
All in the AIP
NATS | AIS - Home (http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=25.html)

DuncanT
13th Aug 2021, 15:42
The new AIS went live yesterday at /nats-uk.ead-it.com/. What a dreadful mess it is. I was able to sign up and managed to generate a narrow route brief, so the core functions are working, but much slower than on the site this replaces. Much of it has bad page links and some of the features are faulty, such as recognising when you are signed in. I find it baffling that the site carries warnings in some places that the links don't work - why not simply fix the links instead of telling us how bad it is?

I would be ashamed to publish something so shoddy. Poor show, NATS.

Jetstream67
13th Aug 2021, 17:19
Change creates the illusion of progress.
Or 'Change is an expensive alternative to progress'
as we used to say

Parson
23rd Aug 2021, 14:13
The new AIS went live yesterday at /nats-uk.ead-it.com/. What a dreadful mess it is. I was able to sign up and managed to generate a narrow route brief, so the core functions are working, but much slower than on the site this replaces. Much of it has bad page links and some of the features are faulty, such as recognising when you are signed in. I find it baffling that the site carries warnings in some places that the links don't work - why not simply fix the links instead of telling us how bad it is?

I would be ashamed to publish something so shoddy. Poor show, NATS.

Would you mind directing me to how to get a narrow route brief? I think I may have briefly stumbled across it when I logged in first time but can't find it now............ta

ifitaintboeing
23rd Aug 2021, 19:48
https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/cms-nats/opencms/en/home/

Click on Briefing >> Internet Briefing System >> Login Here (at top of page) >> Narrow Route PIB

or click here and login:

https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/fwf-nats/public/cms/cmscontent.faces?configKey=default.home.page

ifitaint...

Parson
24th Aug 2021, 09:52
ifitaintboeing - many thanks. I had been trying to find it in the NOTAM drop down menu.

bobward
25th Aug 2021, 06:53
Well folks, I've tried the latest links posted, and all I get is 'can't reach this page'.
Finally, CAA etc have succeeded in bu**ering up light aviation in the UK.

Doubles and OBE's all round!

BEagle
25th Aug 2021, 08:44
I rang NATS yesterday and subsequently received the following e-mail:

The following link should take you to the new website

https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/ (https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/cms-nats/opencms/en/home/)

If you or anyone you speak to has feedback or wishes to report an issue with the site please email the AIS Supervisor email as follows [email protected]

We are working to resolve any known issues as quickly as possible and appreciate user feedback

bobward
28th Aug 2021, 09:27
I e-mailed the NATS to ask for help. I did get a reply that afternoon, which was surprising. However, I got a link that wasn't really much good. Although you get NAV warnings,
things like military exercises of which we have many in East Anglia weren't on there.
I was also told that you can't get in to (re)register right now as that site is not working.....

sharpend
28th Aug 2021, 13:14
I have re-registered with password it issued and the correct user name but keep getting this: Your connection isn't privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from www.nats-uk.ead-it.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Any clues?

BigEndBob
30th Aug 2021, 20:02
I have re-registered with password it issued and the correct user name but keep getting this:Your connection isn't privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from www.nats-uk.ead-it.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Any clues?
There's a newer site, not the first listed on Google.

Happy Wanderer
31st Aug 2021, 10:13
I agree, it's been a bit of a shambles of a launch, the site isn't as intuitive as it used to be and links to the eAIP are less obvious.

What with the CAA's Online Portal, Cellma and now this, folks aren't making it easy. Progress eh....?

HW

BigEndBob
31st Aug 2021, 21:18
Imagine this in the military, no wonder we can't win wars.

I get fed up of seeing what i call kiddyfide layout as though we need these fancy icons to link to sites.
One reason i hate Win10 when i first saw it. Big coloured boxes just like infant school books.

Notams i just use the free Easyvfr provided by nats. Much simpler for GA.
Something actually very good. Wonder when that will be F*&^%$d up!
Don't even ask about the flight plan login, gave up on that.