PDA

View Full Version : Goboko to charge from next week!

xrayalpha
22nd Dec 2019, 08:29
Hi all,

An email this morning - just before the Xmas shutdown - to say goboko is going to charge from 28th December!!!

There have been threads before on alternatives, but anyone got an up-to-date way of an easy FREE online booking system.

I have been a great fan of goboko - but now is the time to move, even if just to a google calendar.

TheOddOne
22nd Dec 2019, 08:41
I've had great service from Shlott, but it ain't FREE!

In this life, you get what you pay for...

TOO

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. John Ruskin

BobD
22nd Dec 2019, 09:07
Aircraft Bookings (http://www.aircraftbookingsystem.com)

xrayalpha
22nd Dec 2019, 11:20
By FREE, I mean no cash.

I am well aware that gmail and pprune aren't free, in that I am exchanging some of my data for access.

xrayalpha
22nd Dec 2019, 15:38
For those interested, we're off to Google Calendar

robin
23rd Dec 2019, 13:31
Half my group aren't internet users, so we've never gone done the road of these systems. In many ways relying on the phone keeps the group 'human'

MrAverage
24th Dec 2019, 08:16
I still use pencil and paper and what's left of my brain. Still more flexible than any computer based system for a 5 or 6 aircraft operation with a mix of instructors. Lots of historic info on the sheets that I can refer to later as well.

djpil
24th Dec 2019, 20:29
I just have one aircraft, a few very part-time instructors so a very small operation however I find the functionality of Goboko very useful. It saves me a bit of time in keeping track of pilot currency etc - much more reliable than myself with a spreadsheet or bit of paper. My thought is to pay for a year.