PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter "Air Sickness / Motion Sickness"

Red Wine
10th Aug 2002, 12:04
OK Guys [Girls]...

Lets be honest.....who has ever been "Crook" in a Helicopter...or Sim.???

Having done my share at FSI in DFW and West Palm..........Oh that green grass just outside the "Smokers" exit [near the table with the Umbrella]..has looked good a few times as I have been flat on my back looking up at the FL sun........or perhaps it was the night before at "T's"....??

Got even with a C&T guy years ago...when he thought it was desirable to get the old head spinning in UA's and the recovery......hope his wife enjoyed the task with his uniform...!!

And then those CB's.......leave it to the young guys now.....!!!

Aesir
10th Aug 2002, 12:17
Its my experience that people usually will not get sick in a helicopter unless they are not well before they takeoff. I fly passenger route flying everyday with up to 100 passenger in all and my company doesŽnt even have airsickness bags available in the helicopter because its simply not a problem.

Now simulator is another thing, they call the B222 sim in Flight Safety DFW "The puke box". WeŽll actually I dont remember anyone actually throwing up in it, but you dont really feel very well for the first hour or so. And usually the more hours a pilot has, the sicker hes going to get in the sim. until he gets used to the movements.

Red Wine
10th Aug 2002, 12:29
Sorry Mate.........did'nt see your thread before posting this one....goes to show thats its more common than we think...!!!