View Full Version : When to contact airlines?!

low n' slow
5th Aug 2001, 21:21
Hey all! I'm pondering over if it's a good idea to start contacting airlines now to show that I exist? I'm just starting my CPL training and perhaps the airlines would appreciate knowing that I'm on the go.
Or would they just not bother and reject the letters? Incase they would appreciate it, what should I write in this type of letter. Should I send them a complete CV with all that it implies, or should I just state what I am doing at the moment and that I would like to work for the company at a later time. I thought this might give them an oppertunity to plan their workforce, knowing that they've got a man coming to work for them in about 5 yrs. This is perhaps not the way things are done in the buisness, so if I'm off track, tell me!
:confused:
Regards/lns

northern boy
5th Aug 2001, 22:42
Theres no harm in targeting relevant airlines at your stage but expect a standard reply along the lines of "Our minimum requirements are ..... thank you for your interest etc etc." Airlines are only really interested when you have at least a license and preferably a type rating and some experience.It never hurts to try however.