PDA

View Full Version : Flt Lt Richard Chalenor AFC

retreating blade
10th Dec 2019, 13:57
It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Rick Chaloner last night, 9 December, following a serious illness. Rick died peacefully at home and without pain in the company of his family.
I will release details of the funeral arrangements at a later date.

Safe journey old friend.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

stumblefingers
10th Dec 2019, 20:34
What a sad loss. I was a Flt Cdr at the OCTU at Henlow after 2 tours on the V Force and my first exposure to SH was when Rick brought a Puma to support us at leadership camp in Stamford Training Area. It was he who introduced me to SH, and we subsequently had great fun flying together, especially in NI. Regrettably, my favorite recollection of his great wit was in the OM bar at Aldergrove circa 1978, but it is not suitable to print here. Those who were present will certainly remeber it! Farewell Old Chum, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

ShyTorque
10th Dec 2019, 21:23
What a sad loss. I was a Flt Cdr at the OCTU at Henlow after 2 tours on the V Force and my first exposure to SH was when Rick brought a Puma to support us at leadership camp in Stamford Training Area. It was he who introduced me to SH, and we subsequently had great fun flying together, especially in NI. Regrettably, my favorite recollection of his great wit was in the OM bar at Aldergrove circa 1978, but it is not suitable to print here. Those who were present will certainly remeber it! Farewell Old Chum, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

RIP, Rick. Yet another great SH character of that era has passed. :sad:

StumbleFingers, I think I was probably there too, albeit not on your flight at OCTU (310 course). You and I served on the same squadron three years later and then again when we both served as OCU staff.