PDA

View Full Version : SASless OK?

ShyTorque
9th Dec 2019, 23:43
Anyone seen or heard from SASless recently?

He last posted in September.

Just a bit worried, that’s all....

nomorehelosforme
9th Dec 2019, 23:47
Shy, send him a PM, he is fine just taking time out, he seemed to have a great Thanksgiving and is getting ready for Christmas.

Gordy
10th Dec 2019, 01:37
He is good, he is still taunting me on FB just yesterday.. :8 :cool:

10th Dec 2019, 06:13
Shy, I PM'd him recently and he is fine:ok:
Like you, I was concerned that he had been very quiet on here.
Got to keep an eye on the elderly at Christmas:)

212man
10th Dec 2019, 06:29
He is alive and well and posting frequently in FB!

ShyTorque
10th Dec 2019, 07:17
Thanks, good to know. :ok:

Myra Leese
10th Dec 2019, 07:55
Very true Crab, who is keeping an eye on you?!

10th Dec 2019, 09:10
Clearly you are:ok:

DOUBLE BOGEY
10th Dec 2019, 09:24
Ahhh, the very best side of ROTORHEADs.
Makes a nice change.
Well done all.:D

SAS will be chuckling into his Budweiser!

RVDT
10th Dec 2019, 09:25
SAS will be chuckling into his Budweiser!

Always wondered who actually drank that stuff - thanks!

SASless
10th Dec 2019, 10:50
Right you Lot.....pay attention! Senior Pilot inquired of my continued existence and noted there had been some borderline slanderous comments here at Rotorheads.

Just as some reports I sought warmer regions requiring asbestos y-fronts the accusation that I would ever drink a Budweiser demands a response to clear my reputation.

Fishing season was great, Thanksgiving was quiet but enjoyable following a lovely dinner at the Duck Hunting Club adjacent to my wee bit of Paradise and the Tea House Crew keep me up and moving.

This Christmas will be a bit different.....I go for my second new Hip on the 18th and will be recuperating from that Surgery and not being very mobile.

The good news is my friends and neighbors have banded together to make sure I do not starve....the Crew gets fed...and that is what warms my Heart this Christmas Season.

A Lady friend and her Daughter visiting her for the Holiday will be here doing Christmas Dinner for me.....and the Daughter trying to make off with Reagan my Labrador retriever.

I appreciate the posts, comments, and thought of those here at Rotorheads.

For the Record.....in my wild youth when I had no commonsense whatsoever.....I have on the rare occasion quaffed a Budweiser.

These days, what little commonsense and taste I have left, forbid the consumption of that foul liquid my compatriots call Beer.

Never these days would that happen....Stella, Pacifico, Modelo, Becks, Guinness........and Single Malt Scottish Whisky are the standard and either Bushmills or Jameson when I want to feel combative.

I wish you all a fine Christmas and hope you do as I am this year and appreciate fine friends, neighbors, and family.

Thank you all for the thought re my well being.

pzu
10th Dec 2019, 11:25
SASLESS - not sure if you keep track of one of your old stamping grounds (Teesside International), But the Goosepool Hotel is on the market would offer suitable interest for a man of your calibration and should provide ready access to such fine English beers as Theakstons Old Peculiar, Black Sheep Riggwelter or even Cameron’s Strongarm
And could even get you access to our NHS
Trust all goes well for you on the 18th

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-87335354.html

212man
10th Dec 2019, 11:51
SASLESS - not sure if you keep track of one of your old stamping grounds (Teesside International), But the Goosepool Hotel is on the market would offer suitable interest for a man of your calibration and should provide ready access to such fine English beers as Theakstons Old Peculiar, Black Sheep Riggwelter or even Cameron’s Strongarm
And could even get you access to our NHS
Trust all goes well for you on the 18th

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-87335354.html

That's the one without the ghost!

SASless
10th Dec 2019, 11:54
Many fond memories of Teeside....and of the Black Bull Pub where I became acquainted with that wonderful Old Peculiar (that could apply to me these days).

I found it very interesting during a visit there not so long ago to discover the Monument to the Canadian Airmen that flew from there during WWII.

I had a family friend who upon being rejected by the US Army Air Corps....went north to Canada and wound up at Teeside flying Lancasters over Germany.

He remained in the RCAF until the end of the War having completed thirty missions.

I have thrown out the anchor....and have no plans to move from the Tea House anytime soon.

Is the resident Ghost still active in the Hotel?

ShyTorque
10th Dec 2019, 14:48
Is the resident Ghost still active in the Hotel?

That was more or less my original question...... :E

Glad to see you are still haunting the place, SAS! :ok:

pzu
10th Dec 2019, 19:25
SASless & ShyTorque - there are definitely occasions when this Forum Deserves a ‘LIKE’ button

Sir Korsky
10th Dec 2019, 19:43
While we're visiting the electronic retirement home, where is Uncle Nick these days?

Gordy
10th Dec 2019, 21:54
While we're visiting the electronic retirement home, where is Uncle Nick these days?

Last I heard he was building a house in Southern Utah.

SASless
10th Dec 2019, 22:10
Nick's place should be pretty nice.....complete with an upscale telescope for viewing the heavens....when he isn't doing the Honey Do List for his Missus.

Noticed at a Astronomy group he has joined as of last month which follows as I know one of the things he was really enthusiastic about was that kind of study.

Lonewolf_50
11th Dec 2019, 14:13
SASless, glad to see that you are still among the quick. As to Budweiser, on a hot Texas afternoon after cutting the grass, a cold Bud is quite refreshing.
For a different situation, such as at the local watering hole, I'd prefer a Theakston's best.

jimf671
11th Dec 2019, 14:14
While we're visiting the electronic retirement home, ...

I'm impressed with the Rotorheads social care policy. :ok: Not fully codified of course: checklists are not mandatory after retirement. :cool:

(Some just can't help themselves of course.) :8

11th Dec 2019, 16:32
I'm impressed that British beer has such a following among our Atlantic cousins:ok:

SASless
11th Dec 2019, 18:16
Dear Boy.....you should be appalled that there is a British following for American "Beer".!

Bell_ringer
11th Dec 2019, 18:56
Dear Boy.....you should be appalled that there is a British following for American "Beer".!

SAS, you are confusing the millennials.
A more appropriate term for American beer is urine sample - twice the strength and flavour :E
(that’s what the RAF boys say anyway)

nomorehelosforme
11th Dec 2019, 19:00
Here we go, SAS has been back for just over 24 hours and it looks like it will get confrontational already!

Lonewolf_50
11th Dec 2019, 19:26
SAS, you are confusing the millennials.
A more appropriate term for American beer is urine sample - twice the strength and flavour :E
(that’s what the RAF boys say anyway)
Suggest you have a Sam Adams. You'll change your tune. (And while it's not my favorite "micro brew" beer their quality has been relatively consistent for a couple of decades).

These folks are surprisingly good:(though most tend to be too hoppy for my taste all said and done)
Love Street (https://www.karbachbrewing.com/beer/love-street/)
Guns and Oil American Lager (https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/36084/221784/)
Lorelei Blond (https://untappd.com/b/lorelei-brewing-company-khryseis-blonde/2105251)

About Theakstons: after my tour of the Lake District, and a memorable afternoon at a Theakston's pub (late 80's), I have a special place in my taste buds for that particular family of ales, and their Old Peculiar.
And of course, Guinness is in a class by itself. I just don't have one after a hot afternoon of yardwork; it's very much "a pint at the pub with friends" kind of choice.

SASless
11th Dec 2019, 21:35
I see American Beer being like making love in a Canoe....f@cking near water!

Bell....I shall stipulate to your appraisal....as I do not have the basis upon which to judge using your standard which I assume you do.

11th Dec 2019, 21:42
Have to agree with Lonewolf - I had some Sam Adams in San Francisco a couple of years ago - certainly a decent micro brew and so far superior to Bud and Coors.

nomorehelosforme
11th Dec 2019, 23:24
Crab, I don’t think Sam Adams is any longer considered a micro brewery, along with others, such as SweetWater(been a Brit never understood their 420 brew!), that started as micro brewery and now are available outside of the USA.

Lonewolf, my wife is American and enjoys the occasional Guinness, but says it doesn’t compare to the Guinness that she had the first time I took her to Dublin, that said it was St Patrick’s Day so things might have got a little blurred!

Two's in
12th Dec 2019, 00:50
Good luck with the surgery SAS, may all your medical bills be small...

SASless
12th Dec 2019, 02:46
Fortunately the Veterans Administration is picking up the Bill....after almost two years of fighting the admin system to get the approval....and four calls to the White House VA Hotline!

It took one full year for the VA to approve it the first time....but they approved it for the wrong hip....which necessitated starting the process all over again.

Those who wish for Single Payer Health Care do not understand what they are asking for!

212man
12th Dec 2019, 07:14
It took one full year for the VA to approve it the first time....but they approved it for the wrong hip....which necessitated starting the process all over again.
!
Couldn't they have operated with you lying on your front?

12th Dec 2019, 07:30
Nomorehelos - yes, I found Sam Adams in Majestic recently:ok:

As for Guinness, hated the stuff until I drank it in Ireland at 3am after a long night SAR job out to 17 West - tastes completely different (and the Queen was paying which helped).

Lonewolf_50
12th Dec 2019, 21:35
crab, that's interesting about the Queen's paying for Guinness and flavor.
My wife says that dinner always tastes better when I do the cooking. :O
Hmmmm,

SASless
19th Dec 2019, 09:46
Sasless survived the hip replacement surgery.....is well doped up with pain killers and has fallen in love with his Nursing Team!

Some Physical Therapy and it is off to the Goose Bay Tea House to convalesce.

One night in hospital is standard these days.

nomorehelosforme
19th Dec 2019, 09:56
Good man SASless, now you just need to recover in time for your "lady friends" arrival

Sir Korsky
19th Dec 2019, 11:30
Good man SASless, now you just need to recover in time for your "lady friends" arrival

praying the sausage servo still pitches up for the old boy !!

19th Dec 2019, 15:16
And if you are going for legover, don't raise your knee too high or your hip might pop out;)

Marry Christmas:ok:

212man
19th Dec 2019, 15:49
And if you are going for legover, don't raise your knee too high or your hip might pop out;)

Marry Christmas:ok:
reminds me of that classic snooker match TV commentary one time - “he’s too old to get his leg over, so he’s going to use his left hand instead!”

SASless
20th Dec 2019, 12:01
Quick update.....yesterday's post was a bit premature.

Factually correct but a bit optimistic

When the remaining effects of the anesthesia from the surgery wore off....and my five hour kip allowed for the Pill type meds to wear off....someone had snuck into my bedroom and extracted some revenge for past sins.

I felt like I had gone 15 Rounds with Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali.

I was unable to get out of bed without real assistance and then only with a prolonged visit to the Hurt Locker.

This morning, having gotten back ahead of the pain, and having a good nights rest....a huge cup of coffee....life is much improved.

Getting behind the Lift/Power Curve is one thing.....but getting behind the Pain/Meds Curve is far more serious an error.

No John Wayne show of toughness from me.....yesterday cured me of that silliness.

My Lady asked if I was hurting....and I told I was not....and that I just felt a good cry now and then was good exercise for the tear ducts.

I am very thankful of all the help and assistance all my friends have shown me during this.....both of them.

Now who hid my jar of Opioids?

Gordy
20th Dec 2019, 16:12
SAS...glad you are on the road to recovery.....

ShyTorque
20th Dec 2019, 16:52
SAS, good to hear you're on the mend. :ok:

Any estimate on how long it will be before you're fully grumpy? :E

nomorehelosforme
20th Dec 2019, 16:57
SAS, good to hear you're on the mend. :ok:

Any estimate on how long it will be before you're fully grumpy? :E

Shy, its only a matter of time, but he does seem like quite a pleasant gentleman while he is on the meds!

ShyTorque
20th Dec 2019, 17:06
Yes, but for now he hasn't got a leg to stand on!

Torquetalk
20th Dec 2019, 17:09
Get well soon SASless. If the import beer becomes part of trade war munition and you can’t stomach the Anheuser offerings, you at least have excellent Brooklyn Lager as a domestic. Probably a lot cheaper than at my local off-licence too!

TT

Sir Korsky
20th Dec 2019, 17:48
Yes, but for now he hasn't got a leg to stand on!

as long as he's not left with one leg shorter than the other - then we'll have to call him Hopalong Sassady !

ShyTorque
20th Dec 2019, 17:56
Agreed, I hope he's back on his feet and on an even keel very soon! :ok:

SASless
20th Dec 2019, 21:31
As usual....two short legs causing young women to swoon when they see my tracks in the sand or snow.

ShyTorque
20th Dec 2019, 21:51
You might have to hop and leave a track like a rabbit with only one front leg ...

megan
21st Dec 2019, 00:57
As usual....two short legs causing young women to swoon when they see my tracks in the sand or snowA tripod, no wonder you could stay erect at the bar SAS. Get well, I'll have a VB for you aka real beer.