PDA

View Full Version : Flight training south africa

willf123
9th Dec 2019, 22:49
I am from the UK I have only just come across flight training in South Africa and I am rather confused to say the least.

In the UK you are capable of doing 2 routes integrated and modular and come out at the end with a frozen ATPL after completing:

PPL + Night rating
100 hour building time if the modular route taken
Then ATPL theory
ME IR
MCC/JOC

then you are able to apply to become an airline pilot and do a type rating with them.

Could you please let me know how this differs in South Africa and what the process is to become an airline pilot?

Could people also recommend good flight schools to complete this process?

SApilotflyer
7th Jan 2020, 16:31
I am from the UK I have only just come across flight training in South Africa and I am rather confused to say the least.

In the UK you are capable of doing 2 routes integrated and modular and come out at the end with a frozen ATPL after completing:

PPL + Night rating
100 hour building time if the modular route taken
Then ATPL theory
ME IR
MCC/JOC

then you are able to apply to become an airline pilot and do a type rating with them.

Could you please let me know how this differs in South Africa and what the process is to become an airline pilot?

Could people also recommend good flight schools to complete this process?

Where do you intend on becoming an Airline pilot once your training is completed?

rudestuff
7th Jan 2020, 20:58
Don't forget a CPL!

The Ancient Geek
8th Jan 2020, 16:50
What licence are they training for ?. You need to get either FAA or EASA for wide acceptance.
Make up your mind before you start on exactly where you would like to fly and therefore which licence to get.