PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious

CEP
10th Aug 2002, 07:32
Greetings!!

I'm currently busy with a wee survey, and I would like a bit of help- this is where you controllers come in!

I would like to know from as many radar units as possible, what your current annual leave, annual sick leave, days off per month are.

Also, what the length of shifts are, how many breaks during that shift. Do you guys have supervisors? Call-out standby's?

I don't want to know about renumeration- we all know we are hopelessly underpaid!!:D

Me thanks ya all

Exel
10th Aug 2002, 08:49
Now lets see - what figures would the PRESS like to hear...ummmm...

C U JIMMY
10th Aug 2002, 13:45
sod off journo

CEP
11th Aug 2002, 12:07
Greetings

Gee, thanks guys!! All I wanted was a bit of info to use as ammo against our co. They are all on about international norms, so I want to see if they are putting their money where theirs mouths are. The proverbial dung is getting to fan height here. Might as well help.

Anyone want a job at FAJS??

Scott Voigt
12th Aug 2002, 04:54
CEP'

In the US we get four hours of sick time per pay period ( every two weeks ). Our annual leave (vacation time ) depends on how many years you have in the agency. The new hires get four hours of vacation time each pay period. The next break is six hours a pay period and then the last break is 8 hours a pay period. I can't remember where the breaks are right now though.

We work 40 hours a week with normally a rotating schedule of two evenings, two days and then a midnight shift in a week if you work a 24 hour schedule with two days off. There are of course variations.

For more stuff, our hiring cut off is age 31 unless you are retired military, then there is a program to bring you in for a short contract. The madatory boot age for working traffic is age 56.

regards

professor yaffle
12th Aug 2002, 11:15
scott - have i done the sums right?

new guys, 4hrs leave per 2 weeks = 104 hrs of leave per year? = 13 days leave per year based on an 8 hour shift? is that plus public holidays ( eg christmas?)

and senior guys therefore get roughly 26 days per year??

cheers

prof

Lieutenant Dan
12th Aug 2002, 17:45
Exel and C U JIMMY: Paranoia or arrogance, I can't decide.

flowman
12th Aug 2002, 18:19
I don't want to upset our American friend so I'm not telling you anything. Must go now. Back in September.....

Exel
12th Aug 2002, 19:16
Lieutenant Dan

Paranoia or arrogance, I can't decide. WHICH ONE IS IT IN YOUR CASE ............?

It must be one or even both, as you took the time to put your own irrelevant comments, but NOT answer the question.

Lieutenant Dan
13th Aug 2002, 00:00
Exel.... :p

definitely arrogance.

Scott Voigt
13th Aug 2002, 01:50
Yup that is pretty close to it. We don't get as much time off as those in Europe, but <shrug> we are used to it <G>... I always have some of my friends from the other side of the Atlantic reminding me of my lack of vacation time <G>. But then I can always remind them when I get to retire compared to at least the folks in the UK <BG>...

regards

Exel
13th Aug 2002, 09:10
L. DAN

definitely arrogance......which in your case has also bred IGNORANCE.

C U JIMMY
13th Aug 2002, 19:55
now now chaps, lets not fight. I don't know about you Lt Dan, but I can usually smell a journo, and thought I did this time. We all have to be v careful about what we say at the present mo. Perhaps I am being paraniod, but you just can't be too safe:confused: :confused:

NorthernSky
13th Aug 2002, 20:58
Now, I'm not sure about that...

Anyone got the number for Computer Weekly?

Lieutenant Dan
14th Aug 2002, 18:27
Jimmy, I see your point. But CEP's profile states he is a Controller from Jo'burg. Whether you believe that or not is a personal choice.
But the majority of people on ATC issues forums are ATCOs.

I'm an ATCO, you're an ATCO, and the masterful Exel is an ATCO. Or maybe we're ALL journos trawling for gossip.
In which case let's close down this forum as being completely pointless.

The guy asked for some info, in the same way we're always asking Eurocontrol what they earn.;)

In any case, to your good self, and Exel, peace.:)

professor yaffle
14th Aug 2002, 21:18
thanks scott!!!

CEP
15th Aug 2002, 00:14
Greetings!!

SNAFU. This place sucks QTA QTA