PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta - Rotations?

Runway Change
7th Dec 2019, 10:41
Hi Everyone,

I see there are some pretty hot topics when looking up Air Atlanta but to be honest if I look up any airline on an online forum I find a lot of flack on those too. It's the industry we are in sadly.

So to keep this simple, I would like to ask 3 things before I considering applying because at the moment I'm spending less than 5 days at home a month.

1) What are the rotations periods at Air Atlanta? i.e is it 5 on 5 off, 3 on 2 off or something like that?

NOTE: I've worked at many places with rotations and understand management very often don't stick to it 100% (even 90% is lucky). Again its just the nature of contract or ACMI work, one can't expect a stable schedule.

2) Can one live anywhere in Europe? i.e do I have to move or can I stay where I am.

3) Lets say its 5 on 3 off, are those 3 weeks off paid a basic salary?

Regards,
RC

FlyHigher
9th Dec 2019, 05:45
According to one of the agencies recruiting for them you will be on what they call "worldwide contract".

1) What are the rotations periods at Air Atlanta? i.e is it 5 on 5 off, 3 on 2 off or something like that?
Eventually you can chose the rotation that suits you better.

NOTE: I've worked at many places with rotations and understand management very often don't stick to it 100% (even 90% is lucky). Again its just the nature of contract or ACMI work, one can't expect a stable schedule.

2) Can one live anywhere in Europe? i.e do I have to move or can I stay where I am.
As long as it is accepted by the company as a gateway.

3) Lets say its 5 on 3 off, are those 3 weeks off paid a basic salary?
You get paid by the day, which means, you are not paid for the 3 weeks off.

Besides of the daily rate you get nothing else.

Be aware that my information is 1 year old.

Runway Change
10th Dec 2019, 08:26
Thanks Fly Higher, straight to the point that's excellent!

Regards RC