PDA

View Full Version : Global Jet Luxembourg

Tsunami76
6th Dec 2019, 13:32
15000hrs airline experience, mostly wide body, and had enough of it.

Global Jet Luxembourg seems to be one of the only options in Europe to obtain a Captain job on a Falcon/Gulfstream/Global Express without previous BizJet type rating.

Can anyone share some recent info about:

Salary
Rosters
Job security
etc...

Klimax
7th Dec 2019, 05:30
15000hrs airline experience, mostly wide body, and had enough of it.

Global Jet Luxembourg seems to be one of the only options in Europe to obtain a Captain job on a Falcon/Gulfstream/Global Express without previous BizJet type rating.

Can anyone share some recent info about:

Salary
Rosters
Job security
etc...

about:

Salary - average 11.5K Euro + per diem (90 euro/day). Salary can be more or less depending on individual client.
Rosters - 14 day on/14 days off. Positioning and yearly training events on off days or when aircraft in for maintenance.
Job security - Mate, this is biz aviation - it doesn’t exist. Your type rating and market demand is you job security. No seniority lists here. Management companies claim they’ll do what they can in allocating you another account - if vacancy.

RedBelt
7th Dec 2019, 10:39
I applied for Global Jet Luxembourg (mid 2019), paid to go to the interview (everything), about 2 weeks later they told me I succeeded and my CV would be presented to an owner....that was the last time I heard from them.
During the interview they made me wait for more than one hour, may be to check if I was able to cope with waiting and would get uncomfortable, the interview went well, basically the interviewer asked me naive questions, all the technical stuff was also very basic.
The staff assisting on my application were all professional and friendly.
Just the fact that they were not able to write a couple of words on an email telling me they could not continue with my application tells me a lot about this and similar management companies all over the world operating without any ethics.

md1011
7th Dec 2019, 10:52
Study the history with these time wasters, many have the same experience as you!,

Klimax
7th Dec 2019, 11:09
I applied for Global Jet Luxembourg (mid 2019), paid to go to the interview (everything), about 2 weeks later they told me I succeeded and my CV would be presented to an owner....that was the last time I heard from them.
During the interview they made me wait for more than one hour, may be to check if I was able to cope with waiting and would get uncomfortable, the interview went well, basically the interviewer asked me naive questions, all the technical stuff was also very basic.
The staff assisting on my application were all professional and friendly.
Just the fact that they were not able to write a couple of words on an email telling me they could not continue with my application tells me a lot about this and similar management companies all over the world operating without any ethics.

This is mostly identical to my experience with them. Not super impressed with the company, right from the beginning, which of course influences the interest put forward during the interview with David. Perhaps they are shooting for suckers that will do anything to please and doesn´t dare to say no. I thought David was alright, perhaps ever so slightly naive about his organisation, but I suppose it´s easy to get blind on "success". My guts feeling is that GJ is probably one of the better outfits around - but then again, the majority of players in the European market are deceivers to a large degree.

Klimax
7th Dec 2019, 11:27
Study the history with these time wasters, many have the same experience as you!,

I suppose they´re really on time wasters if they didn´t pick "you", but instead the "yes say´r - can do it all" guy next to you. Misunderstood loyalty is at large in this part of the industry - where OM´s are mostly a cover up.

LGW Vulture
7th Dec 2019, 11:30
To be fair.....the whole industry is a race to the bottom. This comes from the very top.....its the Owners, most of them have instigated this state of affairs.

Hence the trickle down effect to everyone else.

Sad but true.

md1011
7th Dec 2019, 11:47
You pay your airfare, your hotel and all expenses, get the weirdest of meetings with one particular well known individual and told weeks later in a one line email, ‘nothing for you’. I am big enough to be knocked back but old enough to be shown due proper respect for my efforts.

Klimax
7th Dec 2019, 11:53
To be fair.....the whole industry is a race to the bottom. This comes from the very top.....its the Owners, most of them have instigated this state of affairs.

Hence the trickle down effect to everyone else.

Sad but true.

I´m not sure that I agree entirely on this perspective. Yes, there is an ongoing race to the bottom, I agree. However, I believe it´s the management companies that are mainly at fault in this trend. The sales department are running the show with cockcold flight operation departments as bystanders - obviously this is unsustainable in the mid to long term. Pilots are leaving from A to B to C. Ultimately the clients will pay the price - one way or the other. In the large cabin segment it´s mostly the PA´s (often not the smartest of human kind) making the decisions and not the owners. IF only the owners knew!

Klimax
7th Dec 2019, 11:56
You pay your airfare, your hotel and all expenses, get the weirdest of meetings with one particular well known individual and told weeks later in a one line email, ‘nothing for you’. I am big enough to be knocked back but old enough to be shown due proper respect for my efforts.

You´re not alone. Don´t forget to show them the same respect when you leave.

Abruzzi
7th Dec 2019, 12:02
Hi guys,

Klimax, thanks for the info on roster, salary (for cpt as I see), but do you have any info what is the salary for first officer on GLEX? I would also appreciate aircraft bases and all that stuff. In such cases you wrote above, who the hell are they hiring? I`am hearing all the time that bizaviation is extremely suffering with lack of pilots, where is that happening?

Thanks!

Klimax
7th Dec 2019, 13:24
Hi guys,

Klimax, thanks for the info on roster, salary (for cpt as I see), but do you have any info what is the salary for first officer on GLEX? I would also appreciate aircraft bases and all that stuff. In such cases you wrote above, who the hell are they hiring? I`am hearing all the time that bizaviation is extremely suffering with lack of pilots, where is that happening?

Thanks!You´re most welcome. I don´t know about FO pay on any type. Bases I believe (but not a fact) is any major international European airport. Who are they hiring and biz aviation lacking pilots... Well, I think it´s fair to say, that there’s probably not a lack of pilots - but only a lack of properly qualified pilots. Companies like IJM are often advertising for type rated cockpit crew at salaries that are rock bottom - and at a level, that even barely legal type rated crew would consider rediculus. What happens next then?? Management company goes lying to the owners about the market being short of qualified crew and convince the owner that he must sponsor the type rating to get crew, they then go on to hire some lost soul with a shiny jet syndrome dreaming of his next step up onto a fancy Gulfstream, Falcon or whatever shiny and "large" (never mind the qualifications of that crew!), they then pay him the substandard salary as advertised and the management company cashes in on the difference between what the owner is being charged for crew salary and what they actually pay the crew. The owner believe he´s getting the best of the best (blindly trusting the management company) and that the crew must be on pink cloud with the salary they are receiving (or so he assumes)... As I said, if only the owners knew the full story - many of them are being deceived and held at foul by the management companies!

Des.Vaisselles
23rd May 2022, 18:50
It looks like I am a little late on the thread. I have an interview with these guys and I am planed for a sim. I would like ro know what type of sim do they do the assessment on?
Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to respond

spacecadet
2nd Jun 2022, 15:44
It looks like I am a little late on the thread. I have an interview with these guys and I am planed for a sim. I would like ro know what type of sim do they do the assessment on?
Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to respond
When I did it, it was a fairly relaxed sim session. The sim session was carried out at a CargoLux facility, I think it was a King Air or some twin prop aircraft that I had never been in before. I was assigned a FO who was familiar with the aircraft so they knew all the speeds, power settings, etc.

I was assessed by 2 Cargo Lux crew and it was fairly basic stuff, fly from A to B with one or 2 minor issues, I think they were mainly looking for good CRM and basic handling skills.

Everything you read on here is true regarding GJ. There are some amazing staff & crew in the company and it all depends on the aircraft you are assigned to on what your experience with GJ will be like.

I left a few years ago as the owner sold the aircraft and if the opportunity ever arose again, and if I was looking for a job, then I would re-join them again (if they would have me).

Like any company, they could be better, but they are a management company and their primary concern is the aircraft owner.

The best compliment I can give them, if I had a private jet, I would let them manage it.

Fitter Hotel
13th Jun 2022, 18:42
And, did it work out? Sorry, may I ask on which aircraft they were looking for pilots? I am wondering, as they had to fire quite a few pilots recently...