PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving Pilots? Advice? Experience?

Dankpilot
5th Dec 2019, 00:32
Hey everyone!

I am just wondering if there are any Jump Pilots out there and what the experience has been like? I’ve just finished my CPL and am looking at finding work with a Sky Diving company but just wondering what the requirements were that you may have needed before hand? As all of them are so different!

some require IF/Twin, some don’t, etc etc I know the JPA is required obviously :)

I’ve been told not to get my IF/TWIN until later and go work for a Sky diving company and start earning money first, then I’ve been told get my IF/TWIN/ATPL first then go work. But I’m struggling as it is so preferably work would be ideal... I’m sure everyone in here would understand that 😂

I know the pay is probably terrible but do you think it’s a good way to build up hours for a bigger and better job?

Some are saying the hours don’t count towards a better job and some are saying they’ve moved into a Dash 8 job with Qantas after a year.

If anyone has any insight? Or good sky diving companies you may have worked for?

Thanks everyone! :)