PDA

View Full Version : Year End Reward 2019

Klimax
4th Dec 2019, 08:36
congrats to all flight crew - your attention to fuel and cost saving have been rewarded. Additionally, you´ll be receiving a 2% pay increase.

What a company to work for - in good times they give, in bad times they still give.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/3040563/cathay-pacific-scraps-year-end-bonuses-airline-staff-hong

mngmt mole
4th Dec 2019, 12:04
Let's distill this down to what it really is: basically, nearly ALL the staff will receive a FULL 13th month (as they all earn about $30K or less per month). The ONLY staff that are being royally screwed are the pilots (oh, except those wearing KA uniforms, who will be smiling as usual on payday). The contempt this airline continually shows it's aircrew is only matched by the blind naivety and timid response of the pilots themselves, who grudgingly see yet another deserved part of their salary stripped away, again. How many years now without Profit sharing? How many years now without a proper 13th month?, how many years now without proper work rules?, how many years now without a proper pay raise?. I could go on, but it's up to the pilots of the airline to either take firm and loud action to defend themselves, or resign yourselves to a career where all value gets slowly stripped away. At least the management keep telling you how much they appreciate your efforts :rolleyes:. Glad I get to look at this from the other side now.

Dilbert68
4th Dec 2019, 14:19
Not only are the flight crew being screwed again, I think that you will find that 2% pay raise doesn't apply to us. We will get zero as usual.
I plan on taking plenty of time off, hopefully the overtime the rest of you get for covering my flights makes up for some of the loss of salary.

Progress Wanchai
4th Dec 2019, 15:19
Seriously?

Most of you couldn’t be bothered to cast a vote on how you wish to leverage pressure to improve your employment conditions (which is probably indicative of your personal commitment to the cause).

I’m not at all surprised the company has as little respect for you as you have for yourself.

Klimax
4th Dec 2019, 16:21
Not only are the flight crew being screwed again, I think that you will find that 2% pay raise doesn't apply to us. We will get zero as usual.
I plan on taking plenty of time off, hopefully the overtime the rest of you get for covering my flights makes up for some of the loss of salary.

You think so? say it´s not true!! :8

Apple Tree Yard
4th Dec 2019, 17:47
It's quite obvious that the management doesn't take the pilots seriously at any level. Basically, they have paid nearly all the staff a full 13th month, and used the pilots fair share to fund it. And the rest of staff are the only ones getting a pay raise as well. All kidding aside, in just a few years, flight attendants will be making more than the new pilots. Ultimately, nothing will change here, if fact it will only continue to get worse. Profit sharing will probably never be paid again, and now not paying 13th month will become the norm. And for COS18 pilots, you've probably figured out that the promised income isn't happening. Good times ahead.

Amber Vibes
4th Dec 2019, 18:33
What they've done yet again is outrageous and a slap in the face to all of you who moved heaven and earth to get to work during the mayhem in Hong Kong. Those planes wouldn't have moved without your herculean efforts. I hope those pilots who went to work days or hours before they were required to report to ensure they were in place, or picked their way through the mass demonstrations at personal risk, or climbed over debris and barricades or walked several miles with your gear in tow just to get work feel really stupid now.

This is clear and convincing evidence that the time has come to remove ALL good will period. No exceptions.

Cavallier
5th Dec 2019, 00:13
Remove all goodwill ??? Not a chance ! You still have guys moving over in droves to help out the company by joining the training department !!

The Cav

Freehills
5th Dec 2019, 04:30
What they've done yet again is outrageous and a slap in the face to all of you who moved heaven and earth to get to work during the mayhem in Hong Kong. Those planes wouldn't have moved without your herculean efforts. I hope those pilots who went to work days or hours before they were required to report to ensure they were in place, or picked their way through the mass demonstrations at personal risk, or climbed over debris and barricades or walked several miles with your gear in tow just to get work feel really stupid now.

This is clear and convincing evidence that the time has come to remove ALL good will period. No exceptions.

i think the students’ slogan is ‘we burn, you burn with us’

drfaust
5th Dec 2019, 05:12
I feel sorry for the guys not receiving a 13th month, but the snide remarks towards KA are really tiring.

I’ll take them seriously once my basic salary for the year of my rank matches the salary of a CX pilot in the same year, in the same rank. Until such times apples and pears, no?

Gnadenburg
5th Dec 2019, 05:30
Yep, we get not a cent more than is cemented into our contract, in this day and age. A good wake up call for our COS 18 new joiners too.

And the attitude of some here is worse than snide remarks. Moan and bitch of a race to the bottom yet they are all round contributors.

Hugo Peroni the V
5th Dec 2019, 08:42
Couldn't agree more Dr. You got that into your CoS, we didn’t. CX get over it.

KA pilots held the line.....we just let it crumble through selfish opportunism.

i wish my fellow pilots would stop whining and stand up for something once in their lives. Sadly, it won’t happen in my remaining years.

New AMP anyone....time to live in fear!

I feel sorry for the guys not receiving a 13th month, but the snide remarks towards KA are really tiring.

I’ll take them seriously once my basic salary for the year of my rank matches the salary of a CX pilot in the same year, in the same rank. Until such times apples and pears, no?

Window heat
9th Dec 2019, 09:51
I’ve heard a lot in the last while about the direction CX is taking its crew relations in. Is the company emboldened by the idea that you folks are now entitled to the same rights as if you were employed by Lucky Air or Wuhan Air?

plainpilot11
10th Dec 2019, 08:10
i think you’ll find our interest to employ any meaningful action was doused many years ago by our weak-kneed association leadership and more “surveys”. Who’s getting the Swiss chalet again?

Seriously?

Most of you couldn’t be bothered to cast a vote on how you wish to leverage pressure to improve your employment conditions (which is probably indicative of your personal commitment to the cause).

I’m not at all surprised the company has as little respect for you as you have for yourself.

oriental flyer
10th Dec 2019, 18:24
Sorry to say this but with a few notable exceptions you were all as weak as piss in the 99 dispute. Had you all stood up then we wouldn’t be facing this issue now . So until you all grow some gonads it’s going to continue to deteriorate
now unlike the 90s there are plenty of other jobs available, the simplest way to deal with the situation is to add some extra time off in lieu of Christmas bonus

Dilbert68
10th Dec 2019, 21:26
The only ones who were weak as piss in the 99 dispute were the A scalers who were being targeted for pay cuts. Lots of flights being flown by two Captains and then their name redacted in the logbook so nobody could see who the cowards were, the B scalers stayed at home and held the line.

That is the example the most senior pilots in this company set back in 99, that is why we are here today. With leadership like that, it's no wonder the company screws with our COS like they do. Some of those same weak individuals have slithered up to the 3rd floor now that they have reached 55 and accepted COS 18.

Another year of no 13th month and no pay raise and yet we do nothing. Last one out the door, turn out the lights.

Slasher1
10th Dec 2019, 22:40
i think you’ll find our interest to employ any meaningful action was doused many years ago by our weak-kneed association leadership and more “surveys”. Who’s getting the Swiss chalet again?

The 'leadership' and association(s) IMHO pretty accurately reflect the character of their membership. There are a notable few who stand up for themselves from time to time but a large majority who cave or allow themselves to be played off against each other. So I don't think you can blame this on a faceless entity. Conditions will continue to decline until folks grow a spine and figure out how things work around here. That may well never happen.

Apple Tree Yard
12th Dec 2019, 15:35
Just received my Christmas card from Augustus. Speechless.

MENELAUS
12th Dec 2019, 20:49
Redacted. —-

Mr Angry from Purley
13th Dec 2019, 12:39
I'd be more worried about my job than getting a pay rise. There's plenty of jobs out there - just move on