PDA

View Full Version : Innsbruck go around one engine

Driver 170
2nd Dec 2019, 12:23
Looking at company airfield brief, it mentions one engine go around from RWY 08/26 (BALKED LANDING)

If one engine is inoperative:

Press TOGA, call “go-around, flap 15” “Positive climb”, “gear up”

My question does this assume all engines are operating during final approach and then loosing an engine above or below minimums and retracting flaps to flaps 15 and set Vref 40/30 + 15

May i also add: can we also do a One engine approach? If so to respect the tight turn radius and using a slow speed will flaps 1 go around be great than this speed required in the turn?

Denti
2nd Dec 2019, 14:00
It sounds like it assumes an engine failure during the approach, however, it depends on bought company options and SOPs for Innsbruck. There is an option for flaps 30 OEI approach in the 737 (dunno if it is bound to the fail operational variant, we had it combined with that) which then has the normal flaps 15 go around procedure.

No idea about other operators, the one i am flying for advises us to divert if anything happens, even on take off we assume a diversion and chose a take off alternate for every single take off in Innsbruck, usually MUC which is close by, has great infrastructure and the longest/widest runways in the area.

Driver 170
4th Dec 2019, 11:23
It sounds like it assumes an engine failure during the approach, however, it depends on bought company options and SOPs for Innsbruck. There is an option for flaps 30 OEI approach in the 737 (dunno if it is bound to the fail operational variant, we had it combined with that) which then has the normal flaps 15 go around procedure.

No idea about other operators, the one i am flying for advises us to divert if anything happens, even on take off we assume a diversion and chose a take off alternate for every single take off in Innsbruck, usually MUC which is close by, has great infrastructure and the longest/widest runways in the area.

That clears things up for me. What is the usual engine out acceleration height for 26 after the tight turn in the valley?

Denti
4th Dec 2019, 13:35
I would have to look that up to be quite honest, engine out acceleration is presented by our performance program, it does depend on aircraft variant and conditions, and since i am now on the A320 family it won't be of much use i guess. The normal acceleration altitude to the west (26) is 10.000ft and to the east 7.000ft. But since we are speed limited to 165 kts throughout the turn, acceleration will take place earliest after we are out of the turn anyway.

Driver 170
4th Dec 2019, 14:48
I would have to look that up to be quite honest, engine out acceleration is presented by our performance program, it does depend on aircraft variant and conditions, and since i am now on the A320 family it won't be of much use i guess. The normal acceleration altitude to the west (26) is 10.000ft and to the east 7.000ft. But since we are speed limited to 165 kts throughout the turn, acceleration will take place earliest after we are out of the turn anyway.

No problem thanks anyway.