PDA

View Full Version : iMac software upgrade compatibility

yellowtriumph
28th Nov 2019, 16:49
I've just upgraded the software to Catalina. Not totally unexpectedly my Epson XP-710 will not now work with the iMac since it is a 32bit app. I've looked on the Epson website and there is no mention of supplying updated software to support this.

So, currently the iMac will work with the printer - when used as a printer so I assume it is using some kind of generic Apple printer driver within Catalina. It is the scanning 'side of things' that no longer works. Any thoughts?

(For clarification in case of doubt, the Epson XP-710 will work with my Catalina iMac as a printer but none of the scanning functions work).

Glevum
28th Nov 2019, 19:02
https://epson.com/faq/SPT_CATALINA-NS~faq-0000b1e-macos_10_15?faq_cat=faq-topFaqs

yellowtriumph
28th Nov 2019, 20:24
https://epson.com/faq/SPT_CATALINA-NS~faq-0000b1e-macos_10_15?faq_cat=faq-topFaqs

It was a bit of a struggle but I got there in the end. Many many thanks for your help.

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
1st Dec 2019, 10:57
I've just upgraded the software to Catalina.

I have a similar,ar problem with my window apps, Word, Excel, Power Point etc. What can I do. Help.
My Epson printer, ET-4550, works fine.

Aaron.

yellowtriumph
1st Dec 2019, 14:36
I've just upgraded the software to Catalina.

I have a similar,ar problem with my window apps, Word, Excel, Power Point etc. What can I do. Help.
My Epson printer, ET-4550, works fine.

Aaron.

I don't know if this helps at all. After my upgrade to Catalina all my Microsoft programmes continued to work as before with no intervention required by me. I buy an annual licence from MS to use the suite of programmes so I get regular updates to the individual programmes at a fairly constant rate throughout the year. I have just checked manually for software updates for the software packages you mention and updates were available for all of them. May I suggest you perform a software update check for your software progs? (Found under the top line menu 'help' function). Good luck.

Jhieminga
2nd Dec 2019, 10:50
Are you using Mac native versions of the Office apps, or are you running Windows versions on your Mac through Parallels (the icon in your Dock will have two red vertical lines in it)? If the first: follow yellowtriumph's advice. If the second: update Parallels.