PDA

View Full Version : EVA Air Written Test and Interview

glho
27th Nov 2019, 08:54
Hello everyone!

I am going to have my EVA Air screening shortly and was wondering if they still do any written test and group interview?
I subscribed the LPJ interview package for EVA Air but it only specified information few years ago.. was wondering if there's been any change?

Anyone kind enough to shed some lights on what questions would be ask during the group interview for discussion as well?
Thanks heaps!!!

L

T7ER
5th Dec 2019, 02:45
Hi! Yes, you can use LPJ as a help. Interview’s been same for the past 7/8 years. It is quite straight forward and easy. But I have no idea why, they tend to fail people at sim or face to face interview. You really need to fit and perfectly shaped their mold. Other than that, nothing new. Good luck

papahotelindia
21st Dec 2019, 11:27
I had experiences of their interview & sim this year. I passed both and they failed me at the end.:{

bringbackthe80s
22nd Dec 2019, 02:59
Just for info, the fact that Taiwan is not ICAO recognized doesn’t bother you?

TFSinternational
25th Dec 2019, 08:32
Hey glho,

Hope you are doing well. I will be attending their screening process too, appreciate if you could PM me.

Merry Christmas

Mumbai_radio
27th Dec 2019, 17:19
Just for info, the fact that Taiwan is not ICAO recognized doesn’t bother you?

Its to do with the political status of Taiwan. Taiwan not being part of UN doesnt make Taiwanese money toilet paper.

Romanista
12th Sep 2020, 09:04
I had experiences of their interview & sim this year. I passed both and they failed me at the end.:{

Could you give me any info of written test, interview&sim? I go and take the process next month. please help me.

Count von Altibar
12th Sep 2020, 13:02
You're joking, somebody is recruiting airline pilots!? Good luck for the tests Romanista.

Reims_Rocket
12th Sep 2020, 13:45
It was like that 8 year ago. Not sure if still the same but at least it gives an idea. Best of luck! (copy/paste from pprune thread)
The screening:

First day starts with the SIM assessment. Done in the B747-400 and lasts around 45 minutes only. If you´re rated on it they´ll expect you to know the acft, if you´re not don´t worry as they´ll go through a short 30 minutes briefing before the assessment covering basic stuff such as pitchXpower, engine out procedures, how to read the B744 PFD and basic acft handling. Use your current company´s callouts and SOP´s if you´re rated. If not, I strongly recommend taking a look at the B747-400 FCTM at least. You´ll have an experienced EVA FO seating on the left seat and he will probably be always ahead of you so a big help...use him as your friend and be sure to communicate clearly.

SIM profile will be a normal take off and climb straight ahead to 3000´ AT and FD on, no AP. Clean up, accelerate to 250kt. You´ll then disconnect the AT and turn the FD off and will do 1000´/min climbs and descents, accelerate to 280kt, normal and steep turns (read the FCTM)...all in manual (AP, FD and AT off). After they´re satisfied with your basic handling skills you´ll be placed in the downwind leg for a visual landing...no tricks and no 30kt crosswinds as the Chinese airlines like to do. No take off or approach briefings are required, but remember to ask for the normal check lists and do your callouts.

A second normal take off with vectors for an ILS low visibility. Again no tricks, straight forward manual ILS approach with FD on. Full stop landing.

A third take off with a V1 cut of an outboard engine. At 400´ and when stable they´ll freeze the SIM and put you in an intercept heading for a final landing, again no AP / AT but with FD on. That´s it, very straight forward standard SIM assessment. BUT, I think it is the most important part of the screening. Overall a very relaxed, professional and pleasant atmosphere during the whole SIM and you´ll get notified if you pass or not right after...no waiting and biting your fingernails in your room!

In the afternoon you´ll do a tech exam with 50 questions covering general ATPL knowledge. A lot of WX related stuff, so study your METAR and TAF codes well. Apparently this test hasn´t been updated or checked very thoroughly so you´ll notice a few wrong answers at the end when you return your papers and it gets checked. I´m pretty sure I got way over 90% correctly, but ended up with a mere 82% success...due to these wrong answers, so if you feel wronged and injusticed it´s up to you either to argue or not with the HR people monitoring the test (remember they´re not pilots and probably will not understand half of what you´re talking about anyway). The minimum for a pass is 70%, so in my case, as I didn´t see any point in arguing, I just disregarded the obvious typos and errors in the test and pretended I was happy with the result.

On the second day you´re in for the interview. A 3-man panel with 2 pilots from management and someone from HR. First a 5 min personnal introduction, then the questions start coming. Again, if you´re rated you´ll be asked question about the B744, if not they may ask something about the acft you´re currently operating so be prepared. I´m rated and was even asked quite detailed questions about my previous types (A320)! Be prepared to answer questions about limitations, SOP´s (widshear, GPWS, TCAS and emergency descent maneuvers), as well as acft general system knowledge.

Additionally to these subjects above, my tech interview was heavily based on other issues like RNAV, RNP, CAT 2, Oceanic Ops, RVSM contingencies (WX deviations and emergencies), GO / NO-GO decisions (RTO), pilot incapacitation, weather radar operation. All these were asked from me and as far as I know from the other candidates as well. I strongly recommend studying well your current FCTM, FCOM, FOM and SOP´s as well as general ATPL subjects (and for those already asking...NO I don´t think ACE will be enough unless you already master all above mentioned knowledge). At the end they may ask you what you know about the company, so here´s your chance to make an impression! They even asked me what type I would like to be placed in (in order of priority) and when could I start.

You´ll be notified early in the afternoon if you passed the interview and if positive, you´ll have an ICAO english test, regardless of already having the endorsement on your license. Very straight foward and standard test / interview lasting around 45 minutes.

On the last 2 days you´ll go for the Taiwanese Aviation Medical, which is quite thorough. It will start early each the morning. The first day will be long and you´ll be off after 5pm, and on the second day around noon. The schedule will naturally depend a bit on how many candidates will be doing the exams, but this is pretty close to what you should expect. The medical will be held at the Taiwan International Airport, which is in downtown Taipei, so a good chance to visit the city after you´re done on the second day! EVA will drive you there each morning, but the return to the company´s quarters will be at your own expense either by bus (cheap) or taxi (around USD 30). I chose the latter is it was much faster, but public transportation seemed quite decent and organized (good subway system by the way in my opinion). For those wondering...the Taiwanese Authorities accept LASIK without restrictions...I asked at the Hospital during my eye exams as there´s a thread on PPRuNe regarding this issue with Asian carriers, and I thought it would be nice to know anyway.

I did my screening back in the beginning of october, and so far not a word from EVA regarding course dates or medical results. HR did indeed mention to us during the screening that recruitment would be slowing down towards the end of the year and that at the time EVA didn´t have an exact course date set yet...maybe november or december the earliest.

Regarding the contract´s terms and conditions, what we received was a very basic draft contract which has already been discussed here at PPRuNe, but one thing I think is worth mentioning...training bond is 4 years and USD 60.000. Now, we all know you can get a full B744 TR at Lufthansa in Frankfurt for a third of that price, and training is done in-company at EVA (no high training costs, so not sure why such a high bond), so it´s up to each man to decide whether it´s worth signing the contract or not. But remember, you´ll get a SIC restricted Taiwanese license which AFAIK is not very well accepted by foreign Civil Aviation Authorities around the world. Just something to think about.

As soon as I receive the full details of the contract I will be sure to post them here (if I get an employment offer naturally).

Hope this helps and feel free to PM me for any other details I may have overlooked. Remember this was how my screening was done and it may have been different for other groups.

The best of luck to all! https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Upspeed.

Romanista
12th Sep 2020, 15:21
Thanks a lot!!! :ok:
Now no 747 in EVA, 777&787 is being operated and NTR FO recruiting is on going so SIM test would be little different but tech test and interview would be the same, I think.
I believe your memory and advice must be the best help to me!

and what is the PM? Private Message?

========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Reims_Rocket
13th Sep 2020, 05:09
Sorry Roman, as I said this is a copied/pasted text from a previous pprune thread. It has been posted by upspeed.
​​​​​​https://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/480271-eva-air-taiwan-3.html

Mumbai_radio
14th Sep 2020, 05:47
Thanks a lot!!! :ok:
Now no 747 in EVA, 777&787 is being operated and NTR FO recruiting is on going so SIM test would be little different but tech test and interview would be the same, I think.
I believe your memory and advice must be the best help to me!

and what is the PM? Private Message?

========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Make sure to subscribe latestpilotjobs.com for Eva air assessment. You will have a clear picture what is going to happen. If your current type is airbus, sim ride is on A330 otherwise it is all on B747. They will only focus on basic handling skills. For knowledge test preparation, I strongly recommend Prepware ATP in the appstore. Dont worry about calculation questions using graphs, but just brush up on ATP knowledges.

All the best in this tough period

BAe 146-100
14th Sep 2020, 20:10
No one will get hired , eva air have been spamming the job sites for god knows how long, maybe they get money to advertise.

Ovento
15th Sep 2020, 15:58
They have interviews starting 5th October throughout November too

Lucifer786
15th Sep 2020, 19:27
I’m assuming that they are hiring only First Officers at the moment ?
🤔

safelife
15th Sep 2020, 21:47
They never hired captains at least for the last 15 years.

Climb150
16th Sep 2020, 18:55
Eva still have people in the pool from last year with no start dates. I fear this is just more pool filling.

Nalda
18th Sep 2020, 00:44
They have interviews starting 5th October throughout November too

Is it true? Which position? TR or NTR? Could you tell the source?

Ovento
1st Oct 2020, 23:40
Yes it’s true. But EVA are discriminating currently. ASIAN ONLY & DIRECT ENTRY ONLY NOT Via agency. They are even interviewing an ex Captain who is going for interview as FO and he is ABOVE age 45. But it’s ok because he is direct.

Romanista
2nd Oct 2020, 22:09
Yes it’s true. But EVA are discriminating currently. ASIAN ONLY & DIRECT ENTRY ONLY NOT Via agency. They are even interviewing an ex Captain who is going for interview as FO and he is ABOVE age 45. But it’s ok because he is direct.
only Asian?? are you sure?

Ovento
3rd Oct 2020, 13:31
So sorry- today I was told attending the interview next week is Hong Konger,Thailande and some South American which maybe located in HKG.

Nalda
5th Oct 2020, 04:05

If you don’t mind, Would you tell me that you have B777 type rate and your flight time?

Budfox
5th Oct 2020, 05:29
FYI.
Eva is shedding some expats already and plenty of Pilots there sitting around not flying much.

learjet87
5th Oct 2020, 13:41
FYI.
Eva is shedding some expats already and plenty of Pilots there sitting around not flying much.

That information is not accurate , so far there has been no pay cut nor staff laid off; actually the company needs pilots for the incoming 787’s( we just received one brand new last week ) and also due to increased cargo ops since Taiwan hasn’t been hit by the virus and that has helped the company to sustain the Ops , mainly flying cargo and pax .

definitely during hard times you realized which companies are good and which are not , and definitely EVA has been Outstanding in taking care of each of their employees .

lee_apromise
5th Oct 2020, 18:05
How do people attend the interview in the first place during this pandemic?

Ovento
5th Oct 2020, 23:20
They quarantine for 2 weeks in Taiwan, attend the interview then sit repatriation flight to their home.
There was 60+ Years old capt attend interview yesterday

lee_apromise
5th Oct 2020, 23:49
Quarantine at Eva company housing or hotel quarantine?

Ovento
6th Oct 2020, 00:03
Hotel paid for by them 1,500/TWD per day. The 12 days quarantine and 2 days in Eva house.

lee_apromise
6th Oct 2020, 00:32
Thanks guys.

I'm sick of commuting from Asia to US every month.

About to send app to HR directly.

Romanista
6th Oct 2020, 01:26
Hotel paid for by them 1,500/TWD per day. The 12 days quarantine and 2 days in Eva house.

No, I believe there are some differences.
Except arrival date, you have to stay in hotel room 14days then be able to move Eva house.
so, every candidate should pay for 14nights or more for hotel stay. And hotel reservation is made by quarantine staff in Taiwan, not by individual.
This is what I already asked Eva staff and Taiwan government staff of Quarantine.
If individual from certain country in list of simplified quarantine nations could take shorter quarantine than 14days, but I’m not sure.

lee_apromise
6th Oct 2020, 01:37
Except arrival date, you have to stay in hotel room 14days then be able to move Eva house.
so, every candidate should pay for 14nights or more for hotel stay. And hotel reservation is made by quarantine staff in Taiwan, not by individual.
This is what I already asked Eva staff and Taiwan government staff of Quarantine.
If individual from certain country in list of simplified quarantine nations could take shorter quarantine than 14days, but I’m not sure.

Candidates fork out the cost of quarantine????

bongo bongo
6th Oct 2020, 10:04

Basically you need to have 1 month leave or to be unemployed to cover 14 days quarantine in TPE, day for the interview and 14 days more for another quarantine on your country when you come back

pfvspnf
7th Oct 2020, 07:22
Candidates fork out the cost of quarantine????

you seem very surprised , living in a wonderland ?

lee_apromise
7th Oct 2020, 08:01
you seem very surprised , living in a wonderland ?

Yeah, after contracting covid, everything seems out of whack.

FlyFly00
7th Oct 2020, 13:35
Hello everyone!

I am going to have my EVA Air screening shortly and was wondering if they still do any written test and group interview?
I subscribed the LPJ interview package for EVA Air but it only specified information few years ago.. was wondering if there's been any change?

Anyone kind enough to shed some lights on what questions would be ask during the group interview for discussion as well?
Thanks heaps!!!

L
Were you able to get any info on the interview questions?

The Turtle
11th Oct 2020, 10:27
Were you able to get any info on the interview questions?
It would be great if they asked you "why do you want to work here? Or even better.... How serious are you about Eva?"
:ugh:

Ovento
12th Oct 2020, 08:39
Simulator very simple.
interview rubbish about take off lengths and many performances questions. and yes ask about why want to joining EVA.

grrowler
13th Oct 2020, 07:52
I applied a while ago and was then asked by cae to fill in the application nearly a month ago. I did as requested and have not even had an email to confirm receipt, or answers to a couple of questions. I even rang and left message with no response. Is this normal?

I appreciate they are no doubt inundated but I am a little concerned at having provided a lot of personal data in the application.

Is it worth applying directly or am I legally bound to cae even though they are uncontactable?

Ovento
13th Oct 2020, 08:04
They are recruiting directly, Asians only and ex employees , no agency recruit yet even APAS (based Taiwan)

grrowler
13th Oct 2020, 08:13
They are recruiting directly, Asians only and ex employees , no agency recruit yet even APAS (based Taiwan)
Thanks for the info, appreciated

captainsrwy
14th Oct 2020, 14:53
Anyone here that has been contacted by Laurent from Eva Air’s pilot recruitment? Thank you

Stallone
31st Oct 2020, 04:24
Absolutely agree.

how much was your quarantine cost in total (lodging+food)?

further info on assessment?

Best of luck to you

nasi lemak
9th Nov 2020, 08:38
Hello everyone!

Thanks heaps!!!

L
Hi can you please share your experience on the Eva Air interview? Email is acceptable [email protected]

Ovento
9th Nov 2020, 09:59
It won’t matter now anyway about his principles as they only take Asians right now.

flyhigh85
9th Nov 2020, 17:00
It won’t matter now anyway about his principles as they only take Asians right now.

how do you know they are only hiring asians right now? Can somebody else verify this? I have not heard anything for a month on my initial application but I just expected they put it on hold or was overwhelmed with applications.

Are they still hiring on the LH fleet?

papahotelindia
12th Nov 2020, 07:08
how do you know they are only hiring asians right now? Can somebody else verify this? I have not heard anything for a month on my initial application but I just expected they put it on hold or was overwhelmed with applications.

Are they still hiring on the LH fleet?

They are overwhelmed now. From what I heard, more than 10,000 applications, and there is a limit on the number of expat pilots according to their CAA...so be patient(:

nasi lemak
21st Nov 2020, 06:53
Could you give me any info of written test, interview&sim? I go and take the process next month. please help me.
Hi how was your interview? Can you please share it with me? My email is [email protected]

hafiz86
22nd Nov 2020, 09:51
can you please give me the recruitment email and also please share on the interview and sim.
whats the t&c
do the recruit non rated as i only have 320

5strypes
10th Dec 2020, 08:15
Has anyone had any luck contacting EVA? I was told to email their recruitment as they were stopping with the agency I used, but no luck so I feel I may have missed the boat...

lee_apromise
10th Dec 2020, 14:37
Has anyone had any luck contacting EVA? I was told to email their recruitment as they were stopping with the agency I used, but no luck so I feel I may have missed the boat...

I sent an application directly (never applied through agency) about a little more than a month ago but I haven't heard anything from them. Probably not enough demand for flights to justify hiring nowadays may be?

I'm just gonna sit and wait.

Mumbai_radio
12th Dec 2020, 12:34
Recruitment continues and those whose application stands out will be contacted almost immediately within a week or two so dont bother sending them e-mails for reply.

Climb150
12th Dec 2020, 16:54
I know two people who successfully interviewed just before CoVID and they are still waiting for a class date.

Are they really running classes or building a CV pile?

Saudia330
13th Jan 2021, 09:07
Any news about hiring?

juangye
11th Feb 2021, 12:37
Any news about EVA Recruitment?

jetjockey696
12th Feb 2021, 05:24
Any news about EVA Recruitment?

It's the Chinese New Year..its a long holiday.. Need to wait at least a week from today.

SavarinX
10th Mar 2021, 20:40
Anyone has any news about the recruitment process? Is it still the same? has anyone recently been for the recruitment? I read that the atpl-questionaire that lpj offers is more or less accurate. can anyone confirm this?

I'll try my luck with eva and need some infos before i fly to tpe for my quarantine-hotelroom....

ARXW64
15th Mar 2021, 18:49
Anyone has any news about the recruitment process? Is it still the same? has anyone recently been for the recruitment? I read that the atpl-questionaire that lpj offers is more or less accurate. can anyone confirm this?

I'll try my luck with eva and need some infos before i fly to tpe for my quarantine-hotelroom....
hello sir your message box is full I can’t send you PM

Cheftheo
15th Mar 2021, 22:44
hello sir your message box is full I can’t send you PM

If you dont mid shedding this information publicly it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise please PM me too :)

-----------------------------------------------------

noboloco
16th Mar 2021, 03:10

have you got an interview date organised?

Ridinghigh
30th Mar 2021, 21:59

Hey, I have my interview in may. Any info? How did it go? Any new about the current contract?

SavarinX
31st Mar 2021, 21:42
I'm about to go. I'll give an update once im back ;)

ILS13
3rd Apr 2021, 16:13
To the guys here who are getting interview dates, when did you send your application off? I sent mine on Feb 11, and still haven't heard back. Followed up with a short concise email about a week ago, and still nothing.

ARXW64
3rd Apr 2021, 20:43
6 months is pretty the average amount for five of us :rolleyes:
One of the fleet managers told us there are "1000 applications from pilots out of Emirates" during the briefing........

I believe there only three recruiters to handle all the expat applications
Best of Luck

ILS13
4th Apr 2021, 12:56
One of the fleet managers told us there are "1000 applications from pilots out of Emirates" during the briefing........

Best of Luck

Interesting.
I guess I'll keep on waiting then!

Best of luck with everything, keep me posted how you do!

Sharklet
5th Apr 2021, 13:51
To the guys here who are getting interview dates, when did you send your application off? I sent mine on Feb 11, and still haven't heard back. Followed up with a short concise email about a week ago, and still nothing.

Was it this year or last? I sent mine in April 2020...

ILS13
5th Apr 2021, 13:57
February this year

hhd141
7th Apr 2021, 10:20
ARXW64, tried PM you but says your inbox is full. I am having an interview soon, wonder if you can shed some light?

=================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. New signups can sidestep this by simply swopping email addresses!

Tailstrik
9th Apr 2021, 06:00
Anyone has done the screening recently? Any accurate information regarding training bond and conditions you would like to share?

Thanks

ARXW64
9th Apr 2021, 08:01
I think it depends on how you submitted your application
I was directly sent to EVA
two guys were from rishworth
The one thought agent seems takes a little longer

best of lucks

hhd141
9th Apr 2021, 14:22

Best of Luck

Thank you for the info!!

Murtoman
21st Apr 2021, 07:28
I'm about to go. I'll give an update once im back ;)

Any luck? Or anything new regarding all of the assessment now with covid, any changes?

MikeCharlie24
22nd Apr 2021, 08:46
Hi, I applied last month, around March 10th and got invited 3 days ago for the screening in May. I applied directly with EVA, no brokers. A friend of mine did the screening last month for the captain position and got an email to start the training in June. I believe is moving fasta guys. Good luck to everyone.

Becky330
22nd Apr 2021, 10:21
Hi, I applied last month, around March 10th and got invited 3 days ago for the screening in May. I applied directly with EVA, no brokers. A friend of mine did the screening last month for the captain position and got an email to start the training in June. I believe is moving fasta guys. Good luck to everyone.
That's great news congrats! I did not realise they were recruiting DECs. May I ask which fleet did your friend interview for?

MikeCharlie24
22nd Apr 2021, 11:09
That's great news congrats! I did not realise they were recruiting DECs. May I ask which fleet did your friend interview for?

I’ll talk with him later today to have full details but I believe he’s going triple 7.

May0
3rd May 2021, 22:52
Hey guys ! Going for the interview at the end of May, will I join you? I would be glad to share some info! Good luck to everyone

Becky330
19th May 2021, 01:40
Hey any updates on the hiring situation? I see that Taiwan has closed off their borders once again. Are interviews still being conducted at the moment?

pfvspnf
19th May 2021, 04:18
how much quarantine? Need tourist visa for interview ? Or business visa ?

materazzi
19th May 2021, 06:54
Hey any updates on the hiring situation? I see that Taiwan has closed off their borders once again. Are interviews still being conducted at the moment?

hey, all those who managed to travel before today, will go thru interview process, then VISAS are suspended until JUNE 19th so far,

highflyer321
19th May 2021, 11:23
how much quarantine? Need tourist visa for interview ? Or business visa ?
quarantine cost by yourself and they will issue u a letter so u can apply for business visa.

materazzi
19th May 2021, 13:44
quarantine cost by yourself and they will issue u a letter so u can apply for business visa.

not entirely true.

they do cover an “X” amount per night for 15 nights for your quarantine

hamd
20th May 2021, 02:32
Thats great, congrats. May I ask if you applied to the email ID on their web page or is there a specific ID to apply directly to the HR?

highflyer321
21st May 2021, 00:35
im invited by eva for the interview and they told me quarantine hotel by my own cost. maybe for those reporting for eva they will provide for free.

MikeCharlie24
6th Jun 2021, 10:12

Not for now, there will be an update after June 18th. Not even training for expats as they couldn’t get the visa for travel.

Eva pays 1500ntd a night for the hotel. You can choose the quarantine hotel and for the screening dates they select the hotel. You still have to pay 700ntd a night for the screening dates.

PCR is very expensive in Taiwan. You’ll spend around 7000/8000ntd for the PCR. Result is in the same or next day depending when you do it.

There is no direct entry captain. My friend got offered for FO position. The initial offer is either 777 or 787. They confirm once you go for the training.

jdeleon519
13th Jun 2021, 03:48
Good day everyone!! Just wanted to ask what review and preparation materials did you guys use for the written and interview?
I'm planing to apply at Eva also but I wanted to prepare first... Hope you could help me out
thank you!!
Del

Frankym
21st Jun 2021, 07:12
Can any skipper tell me how much does EVA pay for captain? I saw many ex EK captain join them as a FO.

materazzi
22nd Jun 2021, 09:43
Can any skipper tell me how much does EVA pay for captain? I saw many ex EK captain join them as a FO.

EVA doesn’t hire Captains, only FOs. The details of Salary are in their Career website

Frankym
22nd Jun 2021, 12:24
EVA doesn’t hire Captains, only FOs. The details of Salary are in their Career website
Thanks for reply, I know they only hire FO and just curious about their PIC pay.