PDA

View Full Version : Fiji registered Max8 heading to Alice for storage

Office Update
18th Nov 2019, 22:44
Fiji Air Boeing Max8 DQ-FAD is heading to Alice Spring for long term storage on Tuesday 19th Nov

A320 Flyer
19th Nov 2019, 01:00
There’s a few QF737NGs that are in a pickle(form) headed there too if you believe the rumours circulating.... Boeing don’t have a fix as of yet

0ttoL
19th Nov 2019, 22:46
Somewhat related.

Interesting YouTube video of a helicopter tour of an airport in Washington state where plenty of aircraft are being stored.
There is even a quick view of the ex-Qantas 747 that is destined for engine testing, I think.

Helicopter Photo Flight: 737 MAX Airplanes at Moses Lake

machtuk
20th Nov 2019, 02:06
What struck me the most about that video clip of the chopper was not the vision but how accomodating ATC where, imagine that here in Australia?

Beer Baron
20th Nov 2019, 04:05
There’s a few QF737NGs that are in a pickle(form) headed there too if you believe the rumours circulating.... Boeing don’t have a fix as of yet
Well that appears to be untrue. There is a fix and some repaired aircraft are already back flying.
Flight Global (https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/jin-airs-737ng-with-cracks-repaired-and-returned-to-462419/)

Capt Fathom
20th Nov 2019, 04:33
What struck me the most about that video clip of the chopper was not the vision but how accomodating ATC where, imagine that here in Australia?

You'd probably be accommodated the same here in Australia. As long as it's not a Capital City airport at rush hour!
I don't think there is much traffic at Moses Lake at sunrise.

machtuk
20th Nov 2019, 08:30
You'd probably be accommodated the same here in Australia. As long as it's not a Capital City airport at rush hour!
I don't think there is much traffic at Moses Lake at sunrise.

40 years of driving planes has left me with the opinion that we have one of the most unhelpful poorly workable ATC systems world wide!

Des Dimona
24th Nov 2019, 20:43
....we have one of the most unhelpful poorly workable ATC systems world wide!

Having been an ATC here in Aus. for many years before taking up a long career flying internationally, I can vouch for that.

Not the fault of individuals, but the system is incapable of dealing with large numbers of aircraft particularly in terms of runway departure and landing spacing.

This anecdote has been around for years:

Pilot to Australian ATC: You have the second best ATC system in the world.

ATC to Pilot: Who has the best?

Pilot to ATC: The rest of the world

TBM-Legend
24th Nov 2019, 21:05
I've flown in numerous other countries and I gave up my Oz ATC position [Sydney] as in my time the union and high level incompetence was the order of the day. Seems like nothings changed. The US system is definitely user friendly and moves traffic as a partnership.