View Full Version : what sort of wage for flight instructer?

liquidhockey
23rd Apr 2001, 18:11
hi
i know its probably been asked millions of times over but here goes...
To be a flight instructor on single engine aircraft what sort of wage am i likely to get and rising to what over the years?
Cheers
Dave

DeltaT
23rd Apr 2001, 20:14
Depends where you go of course, and it is lower while you are restricted.
*For example* , I know of one place that is £12 per flying hour and £10 a day retainer. No flying for the day means you only earn £10 for the day...
Once you are unrestricted then it went up to £15 per flying hour, then it would go up again once you can teach commercial level (500hrs instructing reached).
But a place in Luxembourg quoted me some £1500 a month, you CAN live off that, but your hard pressed to live off the former.

Joaquín
23rd Apr 2001, 20:26
DeltaT
Could you tell me where the information about Luxembourg is available? I'm just trying to guess how much true is in the possibility of working in different European countries with a JAA License.
Thanks

Luke SkyToddler
23rd Apr 2001, 20:27
Here in the UK, about £10,000 to £12,000 average for a new instructor, normally paid piecemeal on a retainer + flying hours basis. You don't fly and you don't eat, basically. If you're willing to bond/fork out extra for things like IMC and CPL instructor later on in the career, you might just scrape as much money as a junior turboprop F/O after a few years http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif