PDA

View Full Version : Cargo pilot oppurunities

Vaero
17th Nov 2019, 15:36
Hi all!

I've been trying to comb through cargo-focused airlines around the world to see opportunities for low-hour pilots with them but most of their websites are just plain bad and getting to that information is a challenge so I thought I'd try asking here if anyone has any ideas or advice for cargo operators that would accept low-hour pilots, the general requirements and how to go about focusing on that sub-section

Appreciate any help!

Scagrams
17th Nov 2019, 16:13
DHL/EAT in EASA land... no hours requirement

rudestuff
17th Nov 2019, 19:57
Why do you want to be a cargo pilot? Yes - they are generally considered to be the crème de la crème, and Yes - they get all the girls, but they still occasionally have to work hard during those 23 weeks per year! 😉

Wertytg
17th Nov 2019, 20:04
DHL/EAT but in my case, I've applied like a month ago, and just recivied the confirmation email and nothing, in they email said they will contact me in a few days... so... and I also look for cargo companies and the min was like 1000 hours... so

Banana Joe
17th Nov 2019, 21:22
West Atlantic, ASL Aviation Holding carriers, Swift Air, CarGoAir, Air Atlanta Icelandic if you have 300 hours, DHL Air UK and EAT.

P40Warhawk
17th Nov 2019, 22:15
West Atlantic, ASL Aviation Holding carriers, Swift Air, CarGoAir, Air Atlanta Icelandic if you have 300 hours, DHL Air UK and EAT.

If I am correct, ASL has hr requirements. Something like rated and around 1000 on type.

CargoAir no hr requirements, but I think rated. I got invited last winter. Didnt go as conditions were note that great comparing to other options I received.

DHL UK is not much hiring going on but when they hire, they do Hire low hr pilots.

Air Atlanta Icelandic is not only Cargo but also Pax usually from Jeddah. Very nice opportunity when you have 500 hrs TT.

Banana Joe
18th Nov 2019, 12:55
If I am correct, ASL has hr requirements. Something like rated and around 1000 on type.

I can tell you for a fact, that only the Irish AOC may have hour requirements. I don't know about the Hungarian and French AOC, but at the moment there is no requirement for the other AOC operations.

As for AAI, they have a lot of cargo flights out of Liège and Hahn and you can express your preference for those flights. They mainly fly to Africa.
​​​​

TheEdge
18th Nov 2019, 14:09
As for AAI, they have a lot of cargo flights out of Liège and Hahn and you can express your preference for those flights. They mainly fly to Africa.
​​​​
It does not look like they are recruiting now

Banana Joe
18th Nov 2019, 18:47
Confair have an advert. They had some recruitment days in Utrecht two weeks ago.

Vaero
21st Nov 2019, 11:45
DHL/EAT in EASA land... no hours requirement

Thanks! I've seen DHL openings but I was thinking of any chances outside of maybe the EU, as I don't have the right to work there :)

Why do you want to be a cargo pilot? Yes - they are generally considered to be the crème de la crème, and Yes - they get all the girls, but they still occasionally have to work hard during those 23 weeks per year! 😉

Well you just answered your question :p

Thank you all for your suggestions, I'll check if any of them are open for cadets from across the pond! Otherwise, I'd appreciate any hints about Asian cargo airlines :sad:

deltahotel
21st Nov 2019, 11:56
DHL bahrain are recruiting. I can’t find any specific hours requirements