PDA

View Full Version : Pinned post

tubby linton
12th Nov 2019, 16:29
A few hours ago there was a pinned post at the top of rumours and news about the corpse of a child that had been frozen in ice for hundreds of years. I thought this rather strange for an aviation website and it has since disappeared. Is there any comment from the moderators as to why it appeared in the first place?

IBanna
12th Nov 2019, 17:52
Hi tubby linton,

I have not seen this post. If you see it again, could you provide us the link and screenshot? I can discuss the removal of this with the team.

IBobi
12th Nov 2019, 23:24
He's referring to one of the Sponsor Thread ads.

tubby linton
13th Nov 2019, 16:03
Yes that is what it was, but what does a frozen corpse have to do with aviation?Can any sponsored threads at least have some relevance ?

fantom
13th Nov 2019, 16:34
Frozen ATPL ?

tubby linton
13th Nov 2019, 22:13
The latest one I have seen posted was in the Airlines Airports and Routes sub forum and was about this-
https://scribol.com/pop-culture/celebrities/prince-charles-becomes-king-what-happen-william-kate/?l=a&utm_campaign=william-kate-us-all&utm_source=nativo

It was shown as sponsored content posted by Scribol. If I want to read this sort of nonsense then there are numerous websites that offer this drivel.

Sobelena
14th Nov 2019, 21:08
Appearing in other forums too. Total nonsense. If you need sponsorship make it aviation related please.

GordonR_Cape
14th Nov 2019, 22:11
The link I'm seeing reads: "40 Years After Karen Klaas Was Strangled With Pantyhose, DNA Evidence..."

Disgusting....

Senior Pilot
15th Nov 2019, 01:59
You should now only see the 'Sponsored Content' threads if you are signed out.

In response to concerns raised, IB have removed them from view for signed in members :ok: