PDA

View Full Version : MD600N/B407/R66 Demo Flight and Purchase

Alexander Pichler
12th Nov 2019, 09:59
Dear all,

Coming from the Aircraft Brokerage Business and being unfamiliar with helicopters, I have an airplane owner who also would like to step now into the world of helicopter flying. The following 3 types are of interest to him and we are looking for any suitable European based operator to do a demo flight with.

This shall be for MD600N, B407 and R66.

Further we would be interested to find out the real life annual operating costs consisting of fixed and variable costs.

Of course we will pay for such demo flight and cost analysis.

If anyone of you is able to help, please be so kind to PM me.

Thank you.

Alex

Sumpor Stylee
12th Nov 2019, 10:47
Check your PM’s

muermel
12th Nov 2019, 14:50
Superior Air in Megara LGMG, Greece, operates two 407 (legacy version, no glass cockpit) and at least 3 R66 (G500, Helisas Autopilot etc) and has an ATO too. Great flying weather in Greece all year round, good operation.

Cheers

timprice
12th Nov 2019, 15:39
If you want a MD600 try Eastern Atlantic. Based in UK
:ok:

formerlongbox
12th Nov 2019, 16:01
I can help with 407 and have you considered the 505, what is your budget

Paul Cantrell
23rd Nov 2019, 23:42
One friend ( who owns a largish helicopter company ) is of the opinion that the 600 seems to have an inordinate number of blade to fuselage strikes during aggressive maneuvering. Some of you may have operational experience and disagree.

The 407 is a really sweet machine... Hoping to maybe start flying an IFR one... But they are certainly not an inexpensive machine to purchase and fly... The R66 can be a good and inexpensive ( as turbines go ) to buy and operate ( but lots of people here will warn you about the low gee characteristics which I think are even worse than the R22 and R44 when the R66 is at low weight ( like when I'm low on fuel on a gusty day I tend to fly the R66 pretty slowly ). Still, when operated properly, it's an economical turbine helicopter to fly ( but if the guy is considering 407s maybe he doesn't care about the money!).

I only have one flight in the 505 ( at the factory ) and I agree that's a machine worth considering... Lots of nice attributes...