View Full Version : Eastern / bmi codesharing into MAN.....

MAN_Dispatcher
9th Aug 2002, 13:38
It seemed almost definate recently that Eastern Airways were to start operations into MAN from NCL, DND & INV in a codeshare agreement with bmi. It seems not to have been mentioned for a while - does anyone know what the latest news is?

The Truth
10th Aug 2002, 00:03
Dundee - Manchester is due to start approx 10th september no idea if Eastern will be code sharing it though....

Meeb
10th Aug 2002, 09:48
As Eastern seem to be expanding, or planning on doing so, are they looking for any Skippers?

P.Pilcher
10th Aug 2002, 10:35
The sad demise of Gill last year enabled Eastern to expand significantly on their NWI-ABZ route with larger aircraft resulting in many of their J31 crews being underemployed. New routes were promised but with the exception of HUY-EDI no others have materialised todate. In January, I understand, the company started to address their excess crew situation by dispensing with the services of a Captain who lost his medical for a period of six weeks, but I understand that no further disposals have taken place. This has resulted in the word "Standby" being a frequent entry on the rosters of many bases and HUY to be referred to as "Slumberside" by some.
The Captain concerned came from a hard working base, and his replacement learned of his transfer (I understand) by reading his new roster. He was advised that he could keep his job if he moved base when he queried the change.

Such is the way some companies treat their crews when jobs are few and pilots are plenty.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Best of luck!

Thomas Cook Airlines
11th Aug 2002, 19:42
Is there going to be NCL flights by Eastern?